• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hmmm Big Bones.....

I have only lost 4 1/2 stone up to now & still have a way to go but have lost 2 sizes off my feet already. I was a 7 but now a 5 ... very expensive area to lose the weight :( I always thought I was large framed but now realise I was kidding
myself. No idea what I will end up like but look forward to finding out :):) xxx

Some people are bigger boned..... I'm an Xray tech! I look at bones all day. My wrists are pretty small, so I'm hoping mine are small. I guess we'll see! I'm so excited to go shoe shopping! I might have a shopping problem when I get this weight off!

Some people are bigger boned..... I'm an Xray tech! I look at bones all day. My wrists are pretty small, so I'm hoping mine are small. I guess we'll see! I'm so excited to go shoe shopping! I might have a shopping problem when I get this weight off!

Maybe you could get a crafty full body xray while you are at work to see how far you may shrink .. tee hee xxx :)

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Maybe you could get a crafty full body xray while you are at work to see how far you may shrink .. tee hee xxx :)

that's funny! I've had a few xrays and they don't look big! I just can't imagine being a small person!

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Your face looks small, Mel ... bet you will be a stunner :):) xx

Awwwww, thanks! It will get smaller. It did before when I lost. I've never been a "normal" weight before. I can't imagine what I will look like.....

MissyMustDoIt said:
Does anyone else think that they are 'big boned'?

There are loads of before and after pics on here....and im amazed that people my size are getting down to small sizes like 8/10

i always thought that underneath all the fat, i was just a larger person, but it seems that this is not the truth!!!

I cant wait to see what i look like when im at goal....am i big bones or not....we shall see haha

I always wonder that, I always thought I may truly be no smaller than an 18-20 because that's the smallest I remember lol if I get smaller than that al be the happiest girl in the world! Lol Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Funny we where talking about this last night, my wrist is not fat and the bones are big on them i may lose a tiny bit from there and my collar bone has always been on show even at 27st !! My feet used to be size 6 but are now an 8 so will look forward to them shrinking, they are already smaller as they are not swollen :)

Hya i have size 10 feet as well and im 5'11 its not nice is it lol, ive never known another women to have the same size feet as me im looked at like im a freek, i no what you mean about losing to much weight as i will look daft with been so tall x

Welcome to freaksville!! I did once work with a woman who wore size 11's, so it could be worse! Hope you're getting on OK post-op.

Lizzo

I think that there IS such a thing as being 'big-boned', although 'big-framed' is probably more accurate. I'm a shade under 6ft tall, and have size 10 feet!! My hands are big as well - as big as many men's. I think that the very best I can hope to get down to is size 12, although I will definitely settle for size 14! Any less than that and I don't think I'd look right.

I did lose 8 stones with Slimming World a few years ago, and my feet did shrink to a petite size 9 lol!! So, I hope the same will happen again when I lose weight.... have you ever tried getting women's shoes in size 10??!!
hey honey, my daughter met a lery large footed woman who told her she gets great shoes from a mans drag shop, not ideal i know but shes got some great ones!!

There is a test on the dukan website where you take your wrist between you thumb and your middle fingers if you can out your finger on top of the thumb u are small bone, if you can just make them meet, you are middle size bones if you have a gap, you are big bone

There is a test on the dukan website where you take your wrist between you thumb and your middle fingers if you can out your finger on top of the thumb u are small bone, if you can just make them meet, you are middle size bones if you have a gap, you are big bone

That makes me a big boned size 6 frame!!!!

My thumb and forefinger overlap, so even on losing 9 stone, I still have a way to go to get to a small frame ideal weight.

the other day I had an itch and scratched my shoulder and was shocked to find a lump. It was hard and quite large. I live alone and tried to see in the mirror, but could not. Called my boss and asked her to come into work early so that she can tell me if it was red or infected or what and if I should go to the Dr.
When she looked at it, she nearly rolled over laughing. It was my shoulder bone.
I was too thrilled to be embarrased.. but it does give me a laugh now and cant wait to be post op to find more 'lumps' !!!

Minoots said:
the other day I had an itch and scratched my shoulder and was shocked to find a lump. It was hard and quite large. I live alone and tried to see in the mirror, but could not. Called my boss and asked her to come into work early so that she can tell me if it was red or infected or what and if I should go to the Dr.
When she looked at it, she nearly rolled over laughing. It was my shoulder bone.
I was too thrilled to be embarrased.. but it does give me a laugh now and cant wait to be post op to find more 'lumps' !!!

That's great! I want to feel limpid like that too!

My finger and thumb used to overlap by about a centimetre, but sadly no more. I hope that post surgery Iam able to again. Also my wedding ring finger went from a size K to a P.:( Hope that reverts too.

It ll, I can wear my ring again which pre op couldn't

Back