• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hobbies

tranquil_butterfly

I saw a post from someone who said they had got into adult colouring books. It got my attention and I looked into it. I am now well and truly hooked. It is a great stress buster. I must admit I have spent a small fortune buying pencils, books and other art equipment. It was something I always had an interest in but felt I had neither the time for and my late dad who wanted us all to do well academically never liked us to indulge in anything like that so never pursued it even when I left home and could do my own thing. The inner artist has now been unleashed:D. I find when I am colouring I do not think about food (or anything else) at all.

Buying the various materials was in danger of becoming some kind of transfer addiction. I recognised it and I have now stopped buying - I have everything I need to now to give me a little me time doing something I enjoy. I am also getting back into knitting, crocheting and cross stitching. I have several projects on the go to add variety. Just not enough hours in the day to enjoy them all:D.

It would be intersting to see if anyone else has taken up new hobbies or rekindled old one's to take their minds off food.

Best wishes

TBx

Butterfly_lady

I've started back knitting, nothing major - atm I am making a few knitted decorations for the Xmas tree, its not to take my mind off food, more down to the fact I'm not eating 24/7 I now have time to do other things :)

tranquil_butterfly

I've started back knitting, nothing major - atm I am making a few knitted decorations for the Xmas tree, its not to take my mind off food, more down to the fact I'm not eating 24/7 I now have time to do other things :)

Awesome. I started making some knitted Clangers a few years ago. I came across them when we were moving. I started them again and I am on the final stages of stuffing them and adding feet, hair and clothing. I never thought about the connection with saving time from not spending so much time eating - food for thought:D.

TBx

Butterfly_lady

I got put right off knitting about 20 years ago, I foolishly said I'd knit a farm for my sons class!! so 6ft by 6ft base of brown/green/blue (duck pond) squares quilted onto a hessian base then sheep pigs cows chickens etc etc all manner of farm animals, then mr farmer his wife and kids plus his cat and sheepdogs, then barns houses haystacks even scarecrows, thennnnnnnnnnnn on cocktail sticks knitting carrots sprouts cabbages caulis etc!! omgggggg they loved it so much they asked be to do a nativity scene I told them they could pinch the animals & stables off the farm and I knitted the figures and manger.

Crystalrainbow

lol yup I've been colouring :) took it up to stress bust while I was moving home.... I am quite arty farty and have enough craft stuff to do classes for all lol I started my craft affection while I was ill and couldn't do much on my legs, I found that wonderful place (in my bubble) in which to be free from stuff, free from others too, it was that nice mindless place like in meditation where your at one with yourself and the world all the stress melts away, pains ease and your breathing becomes the main focus.... if your loving it try journaling....... type in to google (or alike) and search for journaling prompts..... I used them to get me thru my toughest times ......I've books stashed away packed full of artwork that I never thought I was capable of :)

Enjoy the process hunni x x x x

Sunshine99

Poetry. Posted a new thread in 'News'...think i put it in the wrong catogory though...should really have gone in chichat.
I like acrylic painting....but not well enough to do any at presant.
Toni x