• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hobbies

You could always crochet blankets for the homeless, there are areas all over our country where homelessness is a problem. One year we got all our kids to bring in hats, gloves, socks and scarves etc. we gave them to our nearest shelter, we have also in our church group made hats and gloves etc, for the battered wives home they are around most corners but they are obviously kept secret. some ladies leave the family home with only what themselves and their children are standing up in. Food for thought. xx

I often join schemes where you knit or crochet. Square nd send it off to be made into blankets for charities and I donate all my left over wool to a lady who knits clothes for eastern European orphanages.
Other than that I like to crochet bunting and decorative stuff but as everyone I know wants a blanket I seem to crochet nothing but squares for blankets!

I often join schemes where you knit or crochet. Square nd send it off to be made into blankets for charities and I donate all my left over wool to a lady who knits clothes for eastern European orphanages.
Other than that I like to crochet bunting and decorative stuff but as everyone I know wants a blanket I seem to crochet nothing but squares for blankets!

Good for you we are always looking for new projects for our kids to be involved in at school. There are loads going on just have to know where to look, i have sold very little in my life tend to give to charity, don't av lot of cash to give but donate plenty of practical stuff and my time, and always get kids involved, tap into all resources available. We pay £1 a week at our bible study and once a month we donate between a £100 or £50 to a local charity, so we only help small scale, we recently bought some jewellery made out in South Africa think it was, a worn torn area, we got a lovely letter back saying our donations had bought them several things one of which was a pig and a water tap point, they were so very greatful, we really take things for granted. Our kids don't know the half of it. xx rant over xx sos:D:D:D:flirt2:

Chrisa, we do indeed take things for granted, but I try to remember how lucky I am. My kids have never known war , hunger or fear. They've had the benefit of a good education and a good supportive family network. A lot in other countries don't have these things and it's when I think of this I count my blessings and realise that my so called problems are very trivial in the grand scheme of things.
Em xxxx

Just seen this thread. Wow guys you all do so much.
I also have lots of activities but just to add a couple of things to what is already here. I love reading but also belong to a book club so we get to meet & discuss the book. It takes me out of my comfort zone when reading & challenges me to read things I would not normally be drawn to. Lucky for me my book club is great & we have a laugh & don't take ourselves too seriously. I also belong to the trendiest hippest women's institute & we just have so much fun. We have a spin off knit & natter group too. Regarding studying I like to take short courses such as those offered by the a workers Educational Association. Very cheap & offer help for unemployed, disabled etc. check out their website, they are nation wide.

Just seen this thread. Wow guys you all do so much.
I also have lots of activities but just to add a couple of things to what is already here. I love reading but also belong to a book club so we get to meet & discuss the book. It takes me out of my comfort zone when reading & challenges me to read things I would not normally be drawn to. Lucky for me my book club is great & we have a laugh & don't take ourselves too seriously. I also belong to the trendiest hippest women's institute & we just have so much fun. We have a spin off knit & natter group too. Regarding studying I like to take short courses such as those offered by the a workers Educational Association. Very cheap & offer help for unemployed, disabled etc. check out their website, they are nation wide.

I belong to a book group too, and like you it's made me read things that I wouldn't have chosen myself but have thoroughly enjoyed reading, and I go to a craft evening once a week at my sisters tea rooms which sells the most delicious cupcakes ever and I find it hard to resist having more than one!

I am a right sad sack

Photography, Fishing and Military Model Building ( The plastic type but to a very high standard).

Paul

I do patchwork and quilting, gardening and my dogs and dabble in embroidery :)

Well aren't we just busy bees. Great head people. Have a lovely productive weekend. X

I play video games, make jewellery and cards and scrapbook.

Volunteer for your local charity shop,you are doing good and get out and meet people.Plus you get some bargains too!

I make jewellery that I sell on my store
I draw
I like to do craft projects
I play video games with my partner
I cook and write up my recipes
I read tarot
I just started delving into clairvoyancy

I read everthing even the cereal packet, but like crime best. I garden, very excited today as carrots have started showing through (sad I know). I do salsa dancing and argentine tango - both great fun. Walk the dog, sometimes cycle. Love cooking and baking. Not cross stitched, crocheted or done any sewing for a while, but I can always go back to it. I'm useless at knitting! Play games on the WII and Facebook. Dabble in glass painting, infact I dabble at all the above. So really my hobby is dabblng!

When I'm not doing crafts with my kids, I love to sew - particularly quilting. I'm hoping to make a living from it post-op x

I make jewellery that I sell on my store
I draw
I like to do craft projects
I play video games with my partner
I cook and write up my recipes
I read tarot
I just started delving into clairvoyancy

I didn't think about adding things like this to my list as I never thought of them as hobbies, but I also read Tarot; practice with Ouija, and I have begun delving into dowsing.

I spend most of my free time sewing and using my embroidery machine . I make frilly baby goods , Moses baskets ,shawls,Cosytoes ,parasols etc . They take alot of time and as I sew in my spare bedroom it keeps me out of the kitchen ! I mainly sew for the true Romany travellers and alot have become friends . I get a lot phone me up for orders and update me on new baby arrivals so my day goes very quickly and I am so lucky I enjoy my work !

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

One I made earlier ! Keeps my hands busy and out of the fridge !
Now all we need is the sun ! This makes me laugh , only in britain would you buy Cosytoes and parasols at the same time !

Attachments

• image-1680284077.jpg
    image-1680284077.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 77
  • image-3051663659.jpg
    image-3051663659.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 73
One I made earlier ! Keeps my hands busy and out of the fridge !
Now all we need is the sun ! This makes me laugh , only in britain would you buy Cosytoes and parasols at the same time !

There is a lot of work on these, I wouldn't have the patience to undertake them.

My hobbies are:
Sewing - clothes, bags, embroidery, cross stitch and on card. If it uses a sewing needle I like to have a go!
Papercrafts - greeting cards and scrapbooking mostly
Reading
Singing - belong to a choir and have a weekly singing lesson
Am Dram - belong to my local society. Am producing this year as well as being in it.
Trustee of local charity
Learning to play piano
Wordsearch and sudoku

Erm......that's about it I think!

I make glass beads and usually turn them into jewellery. I have a little business going which used to be a big little business but since having my heart attack it took a back seat while I was recovering then came my op but I am getting out into the studio a bit more now. Work gets in the way lots doesn't it lol. I also love knitting, card making, felting, scrapbooking and I force myself to like gardening but my garden is a bit like the forth bridge being 170 ft long. As soon as I clear one bit it fills up with weeds again while I'm clearing the next bit. Need a visit from Ground Force lol.

Back