• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hobbies

One I made earlier ! Keeps my hands busy and out of the fridge !
Now all we need is the sun ! This makes me laugh , only in britain would you buy Cosytoes and parasols at the same time !

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Prettyness!

This is what I made today:

535113_328488313890057_123342174404673_913083_1391040230_n.jpg

I would love to be able to knit....but it looks so complicated. That the beauty of crochet it looks incredibly complicated but is actually really easy! :)

I'm the opposite. Knitting is simple but I can't crochet no matter how many times I try I can't do it. I can make a simple chain and that's me. I'd love to be able to crochet.

Mrs Quiggle said:
OOh I've got some photo's of some of my beads.

Ooh lovely!

I have been learning crochet have made a babies hat for my friend and a blanket to put a way for when I have a baby.
I like sewing, drawing, sing, card making, painting and many other crafty things.
I do tarot, crystal healing, aromatherapy, reiki and birth charts and my BOS.
There are so many things to do you just need to find something you enjoy x

I'm the opposite. Knitting is simple but I can't crochet no matter how many times I try I can't do it. I can make a simple chain and that's me. I'd love to be able to crochet.

I'm the same, can knit a whole sheep but desperate to learn how to crochet granny squares and flowers. I can crochet back and forwards and made pram blankets and even a toilet roll cover with a felted sheep on it but I can not do granny squares. :confused: Just need someone to show me then I'd be ok but I don't know anyone local to do so.

Kate x

Last edited:
Honestly I am daft. As I re-read that last post about not being able to do a granny square, it hit me, look it up on You Tube Kate so I did and found a really slow and easy to follow vid and I've just done 2 rounds of granny square. Have to go dye my hair now and get ready to go to the hospital but will continue it later. xxx

Just completed knitting for Dairmud Gavin's exhibit at the Chelsea Flower Show. Fame at last LOL

No just different squares etc my speciality is the newer funkier types of yarns which give excellent effects but have slightly different knitting techniques such as rail road yarn.
Apparently the exhibit has a scaffold section & we have been asked to do a'yarn storm' type of decoration to hide the steel of the scaffold. He asked to come to one of our WI meetings to invite us to help him. Nice compliment from him don't you think?

So just thought I would pod. An 'outcome' to this thread. I started doing 20 mins exercise a day and bought myself some origami paper. My house is full of prettiness in paper form. But 3 d folds are murdering me!

Once I get the 3-d fold right sure :) Although have made some pretty boxes :)

Now im active, lots of stones lighter and not on crutches... i now...
Belong to my doctors surgery health walk scheme.
another walk group in my area
I have started a youth group for 11-14 year old.
im now chairperson for my local residents association.
i go on regular route walks with my friend.
ive started my crochet again and am currently making bags (still need practice with these lol)
i play games on fb
i chat on here...
in fact im always busy which is great lol x

Rayne, whats your FB name, i love games on there too - I do cross stitch would love to learn how to quilt but am hopeless with a sewing machine i have one but dont even know how to thread it hehe

miss you lots my friend xx

Can you tell what it is yet? Roflmao

Attachments

• image-3084495657.jpg
    image-3084495657.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 15
I'm the same, can knit a whole sheep but desperate to learn how to crochet granny squares and flowers. I can crochet back and forwards and made pram blankets and even a toilet roll cover with a felted sheep on it but I can not do granny squares. :confused: Just need someone to show me then I'd be ok but I don't know anyone local to do so.

Kate x
There are loads of YouTube instruction videos for granny squares. Just started crocheting & now made granny squares.

Back