• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hobbies

Yvessa

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what people do in there spare time. What hobbies do you enjoy?
A lot of my time was spent either buying food, making food, or doing stuff related to work. As I am off work for a while now I am trying to find other things to occupy myself with. Obviously walking and exercise etc, but I was thinking more at home things as well. Especially given our beautiful rainy days!
Any thoughts?

Apart from learning stuff from the internet, I have taken up sewing baby quilts and that has led me onto learning about machine embroidery. They are very expensive machines to buy so I'm looking to ebay and that has led me onto chatting to the lady who is selling one and I am learning from her. As you are a foodie how about compiling a WLS recipe journey book. you could call it CHEW CHEW! Just a few ideas. I know that there aren't many recipe books out there but there are loads of recipes on this and other sites which are difficult to navigate through. Good luck and hope you get some good ideas coming your way. LOL

I want something away from food, if I'm honest. I'm not a recipe book type person, I'm more of a feeder. But thanks for the ideas :)

reading? crosswords? learn to paint? learn Reiki, you'd be good at that xxx

Things I do alone or with my partner:

• Walk the dogs (when Im able)
  • Gardening - We are growing all our own veg, herbs and salads at the moment
  • Make greeting cards for friends birthdays/celebrations
  • My partner and I like making our own homemade locally sourced fruit wines
  • I sometimes play games online
  • We both like to watch tv shows -in their entire series...currently watching 'Breaking Bad'
  • I sometimes get the sewing machine out and make things I need
  • I get engrossed into reading books which have a series to them
  • I go out to a disabled social club Wednesday daytime which does loads of things -for disabled and their friends -from bingo to raffles etc
  • We usually go camping a lot in our little motorhome
  • We usually go our friday nights with friends
  • We both work at a alternative market once every three months

Although I Home-Educate my 9 year old, I do have time for hobbies. Painting (watercolours;acrylics); drawing; photography (love the macro button on my camera lol); card making; and lots of other arts and crafts. I'm doing a writing course and of course, there's always my old faithful - reading. In the past year I have also learned to knit and more recently started making a patchwork quilt.

Oh and I forgot to add - I'm also doing another degree (Psychology), but this time through the OU.

See I quite like the idea of learning something new. Perhaps as you have done Jamast, taking an OU module. Can't draw :( As for Reiki, what kind of time would that involve?

I crochet,sew,make brooches etc from felt.
I read endlessly.
I watch a good amount of TV whilst I'm crocheting etc
I play World of Warcraft
I have a stall at a monthly craft fair
I try and go to the pictures every week.

So where I've ever had the time to eat so much I'll never know :8855:
Em xxxxx

I love to read, and devour books :) And play computer games and watch series too! Lovely to see others with the same interests. I did do some cross stitching in the past, maybe I'll look at that again.

Unfortunately with the price of the cinema these days I don't go very often any more - used to go every week.

I think I had more hobbies while I was at university - work has eaten my life!

Ive got some pilates and yoga dvds im gonna give a go at -at home -when im healed properly....

I've been considering a WII fit...only cos sometimes my other illnesses defeat me from leaving the house....

I'm on my 3rd year OU degree course...im doing it real slowly over 8-9 yrs....as Im disabled...Im doing a BSc Science degree, which I can mix up the modules depending on what im interested in...and some of them are even IT related, as it comes under Science these days....but im taking a rest at the moment...

My friend does English literature courses on the OU...she loves it as shes an avid reader...and she already has a degree, its not about the qualification but the interest in the subject...

I do have other hobbies, but im brain dead today lol

What about any courses going on at your local centre where you don't have to be physical just brain active, or reading at your daughters school always looking for parents to do that what about home tutoring some maths be lots of yr 11's looking for xtra help. Resits and things xx probably no use to you but that was off top of my head xx

Am feeling not too worried about hobbies now. Think I may self study rather than a qualifications course. Always wanted to try that. Anyone else done something like this?

Now im active, lots of stones lighter and not on crutches... i now...
Belong to my doctors surgery health walk scheme.
another walk group in my area
I have started a youth group for 11-14 year old.
im now chairperson for my local residents association.
i go on regular route walks with my friend.
ive started my crochet again and am currently making bags (still need practice with these lol)
i play games on fb
i chat on here...
in fact im always busy which is great lol x

Ive also got time on me hands due to always being on whats 4 tea ect either eating or buying it, ive bought some seeds and am attempting growing some carrots and tomatoes, bought today a put up green house thingy satisfied my shop thingy without buying food, i will not go clothes shopping, also ive started an audio book called The help, ive always found reading makes me tired but im enjoying listening to to the animated characters.... all this is until after op when im going to have to do some sort of walking :(

I've always loved knitting, it was also one way of getting clothes to fit, now I'm busy knitting smaller items in the styles and patterns that I avoided when bigger.

I've always loved knitting, it was also one way of getting clothes to fit, now I'm busy knitting smaller items in the styles and patterns that I avoided when bigger.

I would love to be able to knit....but it looks so complicated. That the beauty of crochet it looks incredibly complicated but is actually really easy! :)

yeah i cant knit either.. but love crochet... can only do blankets though...and only this week learned a knew stitch and now doing bags lol... haha you know what my friends are getting for Christmas!!

Back