• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Home and finally banded.

They said they put 2mils in....feeling good today went back to college and work :)

feel like a greedy pig coz i ate, baby bowl of soup, 1 fromage frais, 3 sips of soup at work, some orange slush and 5 teaspoons of icecream. feel like im pigging out!!

when ive had too much i just feel a bit sick like its almost waiting to go down! i find standing up after eating/drinking really helps!

fluids are dead easy now to be honest i feel ican drink quite alot in quik succession without any discomfort. going to take my steristrips off my wound tomorrow morning in shower :-S xxx

Weel done to you both,hope every thing continues to go as it has done so far.
I had band in on 19/09/09 lost 14 ibs pre op 2 weeks,not lost that much since but not got a lot more to lose( long story)
Awaiting my first fill which unfortunately has been over 9 weeks.

Not weighing till i have appt know i have lost some.

Doing a lot of walking ,self defence classes (mild martial arts type) The only exercise i have been advised to avoid is the bending back yoga ex called the camel as it could damage the port.

I too had the single incision pioneered by Prof favorroti at the Alaxanderin Manchester,had the op on sat noon back to work on the Monday am.so recovery time excellent.
Not done any swimming not keen but joggging 3 times a week( not far about 4,000 steps) so ...............

Great to read other posts Mia

Hi Katie and Costaerer

Hope yoour both getting on fine with your shiny new bands :)

You might also like to try bio oil Katie this is recommended to help reduce scaring or stretch marks

Good luck to you both on your journey Xx

Hi Ladies

Well done for your operations, I am much better that the first day, but I feel some inches on the wound, is that okay? rather than that i feel great and can't wait to see the new me!!!

Thanks for the support ladies :)
Yes I was thinking about the bio oil swizzlestick, thought i'd better start building the moisturising in to my daily routine sooner rather than later.

I got my first bath today since my op, i've been showering/ strip washing til now... and it was heaven, my wounds looked ok afterwards too, was just careful not to rub them etc.

Sweeti... i've been feeling really itchy round my wounds too, although I think some of mine is to do with the dressings as i had a bit of an allergic reaction to the plasters, just red and itchy marks where the edges of the plasters were etc.

It's my one week anniversary with the band today :) and
i'm feeling loads better, just pulling and tenderness around the port, but other than that no other problems, got to take my compression stockings off today too, which is great, they weren't half making my legs feel sore!

Sounds like you had a pretty quick recovery time then 32bme, if you were back at work so soon, I go back to work next Monday, gave myself plenty of time to recover.

How did your first day back go costaerer? I managed to drive for the first time today since the op, I managed ok, although could still feel the bumps in the road, was a little uncomfortable! X

hiya,

yeh im fine now. only got 1 wound so im pretty much fine with driving and college and work etc no soreness and its healing nicely.

i cant imagine going back to work 2 days after op. i managed to go out for half an hour and needed to get back quick was sore and uncomfortable!!!

im just looking forward to my fill on the 27th!!

im really misssing proper food now....just want to chew. oh well only another 3 days to go.

yuk, ate too much ice cream before and now i feel sick, but i am managing reasonable quantities of food.

today ive eaten a tin of soup,2 fromage frais and a scoop of ice cream! can drink alot at a time also quite easily, had some orange slush puppy which was nice and refreshing. i want some savoury food though...yummmm cant wait for mashed potato on friday!

Hi kate and costaerer,

It is great to know both of you are doing so well.

When your wounds are well healed you could try bio oil on them as it helps to fade scar tissue.

My sister had an operation on her neck early in the year and she used bio oil and you can hardly see where the incision was made even up close.

Love Mini xxx

Kate your advancing so well.

People swear by bio oil, but when I looked on the ingredients I wasn't too impressed. Im sticking to cocoa butter and its going well.

Hi Guyz!
I had my band 5 weeks ago, and i noticed you talked about your vitamins. I have the chewable ones that were recommended for me as i was told that crushing them up either would not go down well or not give you all you need. My skin has been great since i had the band!
Out of my 5 scars i still have a scab on the one where the port is, so my healing time seems slow compared to my friend whos scabs had gone after a few weeks! coca butter with shea butter is as good as the oil!
Unfortunately i do not have a band fill date through yet - my dietician appointment is next week and then they give you the fill date so hopefully very soon as i am now eating normal size meals and having no restriction i keep finding myself falling back into old eating habits!
I think you are doing great as i was supposed to do 2 weeks liquids but was on mushy by week 2 and normal by week 3! As was so hungry So well done!
As i was done at Birmingham Heartlands my advice was diffrent to yours and it seems they all vary in their afterplans. Keep it up! Ive just bought a wii fit so started exercising at home, but also go to your doctor to get a gym referral, as you get the gym for a reduced cost! xx

Hi Katie, just stopping by to say hellllooooo and hope that you are getting on OK with your recovery and settling into life with the band! Hugs x

Hi kateia

I hope you are doing well by now!!!I feel much better but there is a discomfort. i don't know why

my doctor did not gave me any allowance!! what was yours?

omg im so confused. ive got a fill booked for the 27th which i now look i had my op on the 6th is only 3 weeks after op!?? me and the receptionist both thought it was 4 weeks l8a at the time. am i going insane??!!!???!!!

omg im sick of liquids now. though i can eat so much. i made a smoothie with frozen fruit and orange juice, it was massive, i managed the whole thing so easily and it was thick. as well as soup etc i just can have so much and dont feel anything being full or bloated. really worrying. i think i had like 1200 cals yest which is TONNES compared to what i have been having the day before. tomorrow i can go onto mush so i hope that it will be better then and i dont eat as much!

Hi everyone, thanks for the support.
Feeling much better thanks Neen, recovery seems to have gone very well, pain has improved greatly over the last few days, although still a little tender around my port area, but that's much better too.

Costaerer, I know what you mean with the liquids, i've only been on them a week and a half and i'm already getting fed up, had hunger pangs the last couple of days and although the soup, slim fast's and yoghurts take the edge off it, it's not lasting for long. Three weeks is pretty soon for your first fill, mine's 4 weeks after then op date, but it might be a good thing if you're feeling the hunger already.
I've got another 2 and a half weeks on liquids! Don't know how on earth i'm going to manage it, really wanting some mushed up food now :-(

Hi mini and topboi, i've never tried the bio oil before, but think I might give it a go, although might try a few other products too to see which works best as I know bio oil can be quite expensive.
How are you doing topboi, progressing well I hope?

Hi Empress Paula, good to meet another bander. Yeah I think different providers give different info, I thought 4 weeks was long for liquids, I thought it'd only be two weeks, although i'm going to try and stick to it, but the hunger pangs have started this last day or two, so I don't think it'll be easy.
Where did you get your chewable vitamins from? I couldn't find any for adults and was told the childrens one's wouldn't give me what I need, so that's why i've been crushing them, but they seem to have been going down ok. I'd prefer a chewable one though if I can find one.
I hope you get your fill date soon, i've heard it can be quite hard as portion sizes can increase prior to the first fill, due to little restriction, so I'm sure this is a hurdle I will have to overcome soon.
Is the Wii fit any good, I was considering getting one after xmas, i've got a treadmill at home which i'm going to start using again, but I thought the Wii fit would be much more fun. X

wii fit is good but id would prefer to use the treadmill and watch tv. guna start going to the gym from next weds :) just bought some new trackies!

im basically eating proper food now to be honest im just chewing chewing everything till it goes into a paste!

my scar has basically healed now! really weird dont think ive lost much weight in the last week! but i guess my body is just adjusting.

wow its so nice to chew again, my stomach was starting to hurt i was so hungry!

Hi Katie,

Good to hear you are feeling much better!

You can find bio oil on special offer from time to time in Booths, Tesco's and Chemists all over the place. Bio Oil - Global Availability - Europe

Personally I would find it too heavy to use all over and I just use my bio oil for the tough places that need that bit extra attention...and use nivea or dove on the rest.

A little goes a long way and I was surprised myself when I first used it on an old scar how well it improved its appearance.

Love Mini xxx

how are you doing? you a skinny pickle? bet ya sick of the liquids.

im on solids now, going for a fill on friday!! im basically eating lke normal and trying to limit my calories...eeekk..today really wasnt a good day at all i ate loads , all good stuff but quite high calories.

spoke to dietician,she said i should be having betweeen 1500-1800 cals a day to lose 2-3lbs per week. im trying to have between 1100-1300 per day!

on a positive note, joined the gym, wnt tonight for first time! was good...nakerd now..

mst go 2bedxxx lmk how ur doing

well.....just had my fill today! waskinda painful when he was pushing and prodding to get the needlein the port hole but it wasnt too bad! was really cool watching on x ray machine. best bit...when the xray bed thing makes u go vertical so he can see how the drink goes down! was very cool! interesting to watch...oh my poor poor stomach looks so small!

anyhow feeling sick now to be honest! got to have liquids for 3 days!

he put 4 ml in...told me he was going to put as much as he could in! ithink i have 6ml in total now!!!

xx

Back