• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Home and finally banded.

hi all
thought id post, well done on the op glad someone put a blow by blow on here as im due to be 'done' on the 6th Jan at hartlands with a mr niddar?
im on the pre op diet for six weeks as of last wednesday and have lost 14lb so far woo hoo

well keep up the good work x

hiya, i didnt do a pre op diet to be honest.

post op i had liquids for 2 weeks, then basically started eating normal and could eat loads and loads basically like before the op . 3 weeks post op (fri) i had my band fill and now im really feeling the restriction. yesterday i ate a table spoon on sheperds pie(just the meat) and i was stuffed...felt like id eaten a 5 course meal!!!! was a very weird sensation because i new i hadnt put much into my mouth!!!

with regard to the op.....i just woke up from op...weird sensation, as is every general anasthetic! and he had managed to do the op through one incision, this really really helped my healing process majorly. i was pretty much up and away after a week with a few aches and pains while stretching etc! scar had basically totally healed after about 2 weeks.

i didnt wear the socks they give you...they annoyed me...just made sure first few days after op i was getting up every 2 hrs for 15 minutes and walking around.

with regard to wind and drinking after op...i suffered a small amount of wind, nothing unbearable. only one did it really hurt but that passsed as quick as it came! keep sipping even though its reeeeally hard and you dont feel like anything as all your insides have been messed around with !

Back