• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm home !!

RoseA

Hubby picked me up this morning and I'm now at home enjoying the sunshine !! :happy036::happy036: He's got to go back later to pick up my meds though as they weren't going to be ready for hours and the nursing staff said there was no point waiting round. Well, we didn't need any more persuading, I can tell you !! :D:D

All in all I haven't had a bad experience and I do appreciate that I've had an easier ride than some, as I've not had any pain or sickness. In fact the nurses were surprised that I kept turning down the paracetamol ! That's not to say it doesn't hurt a bit when I strain myself, especialy when I try to turn over in bed, but it's more like a short sharp stitch. For the first couple of days it was sore and mostly present as an uncomfortable ache in my tummy but even that went yesterday. My blood pressure has been fine too - even when I wasn't taking any pills for a couple of days. (Hopefully I'll be off them completely before too long !)

Although I was surprised and pleased to be shown to a private suite when I arrived last Tuesday evening, I'm glad that I was on a normal ward after the op. Much more sociable :) I can't fault the nursing staff we had, they were lovely, and have made the whole experience as stress free as possible.

Been shopping on the way home for supplies - I've got to do a whole four weeks on liquids/thin soups/smoothies, then another 4 weeks on the puree stage. This was a last minute revision to the diet sheet we were given last night and a bit of a surprise ! :eek:

Well, today marks the first day of the rest of my life, so BRING IT ON !!

Glad you've had an easy time of it.

What a lovely day to come home on, rest up in the glorious sunshine & don't do too much. Even though your feeling fine, you've had major surgery so get your lovely hubby to run around after you x

Yay! Welcome home! Make sure you take it easy and rest, you don't want to overdo things xx

Soooooo pleased it all went so well Rose as you said the nurses are so lovely! How was moody El Hasani?!

Soooooo pleased it all went so well Rose as you said the nurses are so lovely! How was moody El Hasani?!

Thanks Lisa :) Mr EH wasn't much cheerier although I thought I spied the corner of his mouth twitch one morning... :8855:
All his team are in total awe of him though, aren't they ? I was chatting to the anaesthetists assistant, who said EH is treated like a god who can do no wrong and he can basically dictate things the way he wants. He is the only consultant for example, who has his own permanent team. He must care on some level though as you certainly couldn't accuse him of not preparing his patients properly or letting them go too quickly ! The nurses thought it was hysterical though when he effectively accused them on Friday of not waking me up every half hour all night to do my breathing exercises on that spirometer thingy ! :rolleyes: Stupid machine anyway... it's going in the recycling bin later ! :D I explained to the nurse that as a musician I know how to breathe from the bottom of my lungs but whilst I've got wounds in the lower part of my chest there's no way I can use my diaphragm properly yet. ....

Sorry.. rant over !! hahaha :8855: I'm just so pleased to be home and able to enjoy fresh air, and what's more, so much sunshine ! :D

Welcome home Rose and I am delighted to hear everything has gone so well for you.

Hi Rose....that bl**dy breathing machine!!! I still have nightmares about it now! Totally agree about EH, the nurses said to me he was like a god! I think he practicaly runs the hospital! Mind you after what his done for me i dont mind worshipping him!

Welcome home Rose!
Glad you had a good time of it! If you know what I mean. xx

Welcome home. Glad it all went well. Take it easy and get hubby to do all the housework.

welcome home im glad everything went well, time to chill and take care of yourself

chris
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Rose, and welcome back. So glad that everything went well for you, and that you are home recovering well with not too much pain. Take care of yourself and don't do too much, and enjoy the sunshine too xxxx

Back