• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

home

mandyl

hi
well im home
mr slater doesnt really know whas up although he did at first say my body is just struggling to adjust. ive just spoken to him a minute ago and hes said to try and drink and see how i go.
i dont know why i got the pain in the first place as all i was doing was standing in the car park but it was horrendous.i had endoscopy(never again) and gastrograph which shows liquid going down ok but food just sits and makes me feel really sick.
im very down and unhappy at the minute:cry::cry:

Poor you. At least you are in your own surroundings now and I have always found that you heal better in your own bed. If your body doesnt want food then I would listen to it. Have lots of nice soup - blend thick soups if you cannot tolerate them but get the soups with bits in. Two weeks is a long time in bypass land and what makes you sick today may very well be your favourite food in a fortnight! When you do try food again, make sure its easily digestible - scrambled eggs etc.

Hi Mandy,

It is so good to hear from you!

I am so very sorry you have been having such an awful time of it and I hope from here on you make a speedy recovery and that things will look up for you.

Love Mini xxx

Good luck on your recovery process Mandy, take things easy girl xxx

Glad you are home hun, and make sure you drink enough, rest enough and get enough protein in:DHave you got any protein drinks in?They are ok with ice x;)

Glad your home Mandy, hope youve got everything in that you need, the soups the protein shakes, chicken stock, yoghurts and milk, if you keep sipping on those to get your strength up you can worry about the sloppies later. One step at a time and do not lift anything ok.

Xx

hi bet your NOT thanking MR Slater now ref your signature:)
Take care

Last edited:
So glad to hear your home, Hope your soon be feeling a lot better, Take thing easy plenty of rest & look after yaself x

Hope you feel better soon. You've had a major op and also anaesthetic can make you feel low as well. Take it easy x

Glad you're home safely, hope you're feeling better soon xxx

Hi Mandy, really glad to hear that you are home and don't have a serious complication although I am sure it is hard to see the up side just now. Having major surgery is hard and especially hard when you struggle to feel better. I was speeaking recently with a lady who had nausea & pain for the first few weeks and she eventually felt better and is now safely onto purees and feel much better for it. I can tell you how she coped, maybe that will help you. She drank milk with skim powder in all though the day and once per hour she ate 2-3 teaspoons of yogurt with a little protein powder sprinkled in. Eventually she was able to eat more teaspoons and then was able to tolerate a bit of soup. If you follow that course you will probably feel better for it.

Wishing you feel better very soon,
Nic:)

Rest up and get well soon :)

Hi Mandy,

Sorry to hear that things haven't been going well. Let's hope things begin to get better now that you are home.

Rebirth

Hi Mandy,

Sorry to hear you have had a difficult time of it since op. I things start t get better for you soon.

Take care

Pinky xx

Back