• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HONESTY

janie71

Lets be honest, with myself and everyone else. I over eat . I have tried every diet known to man.They work for a limited period of time and then I put the weight back on. I am good for a while and when it stops working, I OVER EAT. I am waiting to see Dr after referrral (got appointment in december)but still feel really down, putting more weight on since prescribed weight loss pills were stopped.Weight is my life(and probably yours). I cant and dont talk to anyone else as I dont think they understand other than YOU on this site. I feel lost.:cry:My appointment is only 3 weeks away but I dont know what to expect or what to say.Do I tell them the truth? I over eat. What is it they want to here? I need this surgery.:sigh:

Tell the truth, I over eat I started off wanting little and often then it went to a lot and often hence the bypass was the preferred option by my surgeon and consultant. I love food, I love the texture and the taste and really miss is now I am on fluids/puree but it wont be for long and I will be able to have the same foods again but less. I would say I had a healthy diet 95% of the time but ate far far too much of it....It's early days for me to say how happy I am with the bypass my emotions are all over the place at times but I dont regret it...xx

hi janie

I dont think there would be many people who are considering WLS that dont over eat, thats why we are all in this situation, its an addiction, like an alcoholic, if you was a herion addict they would give you methadone, but for us we have to fight our case, it seems so wrong, I knoe exactly where you are coming from my life is consumed with food, when my next meal is, like you I have dieted and lost weight to eventually over eat and put it back on and everyday i say i wont do that tomorrow and I always do, I too am going to see my GP for PCT funding for WLS on monday.
Good luck keep us informed as will I i only found this sit 2 days ago yet im feel inspired and supported.

I suppose what im trying to say is the drs and other health professionals know that we overeat.

helen xxxx

Hi Janie,

Be honest with the health professionals. It's the only way they can help you to help yourself.

Think of it like having a broken leg. You wouldn't say to the doctors 'nah it doesn't hurt much, and that's not bone sticking out, it's just where I spilt some lunch' would you? you'd be saying OH MY GOD IT HURTS MAKE IT BETTER PLEASE.

No-one is going to judge you for overeating.

Back