• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hoping for Op before I wed

Stokes2020

Date booked for October 2020
I’ve seen the surgeon who says a bypass is something he can do. Bloods all taken and now I’m waiting to see the dietitian and some group info meeting before I officially get on the waiting list.
What scares me is being a fat bride. Really hope it’s not too much of a long wait before appointments. I’ve been a big girl since a teenager and just gained more and more weight after every baby. My youngest has just turned 1 and the thought of her growing up with a fat mum breaks my heart. Fingers crossed I get this op before I wed so we can all live happily ever after x

Irene44

Hi and welcome xx. Keep updating and posting sweets xx

Jackiesfatplan

Welcome and good luck ive finished tier 3 waiting for a appointment to see surgeon im on nhs at stoke on trent there is a long waiting list here was 10 mnth now 12 mnth but it really does fly we are all or have been in ur situation there is excellent reading diarys on here read a few might help with the waiting

Stokes2020

What is tier 3? I’ve got to
Complete it but all I’ve been told is too wait for an appointment through the post?! I’m also on the NHS in Kent and I know the waiting list can be quite long. Just hope I can get it done and out the way in time for my wedding.

Jackiesfatplan

Teir 3 is where u show weigjt loss over a certain time scale depending on ur bmi if ur really big its six mnths otherwise it can be 12 mnths after which u get put on surgeons waiting list which from readomg on here can be as little as 4 mnths depending on area but i live in lake distrist and my nearest weight loss hospital is stoke on trent ive been told 10/12 mnths once u get to see surgeon it happens quickly then i took ages doing my tier 3 as my mam got ill and died i gained alot of weight so i stayed on tier 3 for 18/24 mnths the better u jump through there hoops the quicker ur surgery will be but u could be looking at 18/24 mnths b4 surgery all areas are diffrent if u explain about ur wedding and do as asked off u u might fly threw to tiers

Stokes2020

Oh right ok, well I’ll do whatever I need to do to it get through these hoops. How long did you wait to get on the tier 3 programme?
Sorry to hear about your mum , I gained when I lost my Nan, food was my comfort.
So are you officially on the list now?

Jackiesfatplan

Phone them up and pester there always really nice on phone carnt remeber really how long from gp referral till my first appointment tbh but dont think it was long i remeber my first appointment was 10 october 2016 my mam had a stroke and fell ill day after so my start of the journey was bit muffeled tbf

Bling Babe

Hi and welcome, good luck with your journey, keep us updated, we love to offer support xxxx