• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hospital bits

Clairey1975

Hi everyone, having read on here all the bits I need to take I have a fab list to pack, one question, people seem to say take nighties, I only own pj's, can u not wear them coz of where the incisions are? Where exactly are they?
Thanks in advance
Claire

I wore pj's, my wounds were all well above any wasitband so not a problem at all. I only wore mine on the last day before I got dressed to go home. I went home in jeans albeit elasticated waist ones. I don't posess any nighties either lol.

Kate x

Hi everyone, having read on here all the bits I need to take I have a fab list to pack, one question, people seem to say take nighties, I only own pj's, can u not wear them coz of where the incisions are? Where exactly are they?
Thanks in advance
Claire

I was in the same boat but after talking to some ladies I have brought a nightly as they said the band of the PJ's can hurt the incisions.
Good luck

The worse one and it wasn't really a problem was the one that came just under my bra. I didn't wear a bra home or for the next couple days as I wasn't going out. It was rubbing though as it was covered in a dressing.

Kate x

You might have a catheter so nighty or long tshirt will be better.

Oh geez I hadn't thought of a catheter! Eek. Ok, have dug out a pregnancy nightie that should do it! Ear plugs! Phew. The list is getting longer but anything for a bit of comfort!? Thanks peeps x x

The worse one and it wasn't really a problem was the one that came just under my bra. I didn't wear a bra home or for the next couple days as I wasn't going out. It was rubbing though as it was covered in a dressing.

Kate x

that was my sorest point too... i wore my bra but on the loosest fitting... i still have a bruise there two weeks on x

tbh you wont use most stuff you take,basic toiletries,clothes and pillow!Didnt read or use my lappy just slept then home!

You might have a catheter so nighty or long tshirt will be better.

I didn't have a catheter, but everyone is different. What everyone will have though is a drainage tube which drains the old blood away from inside. I would advise that two or three nighties/long t-shirts are best as wound site leaked and it was good to have a change of clothes. :) Another little god send I found was dry mouth spray, as you won't be allowed to have any water until you have the all clear from your swallow test (to check for leaks). I got mine from Boots and wouldn't have been without it. :D

I packed 3 nighties but didn't wear any of them. I ended up having open surgery with two drains so the hospital provided me with hospital nighties the whole time I was there (10 days). I got dressed to come home in elasticated wasted trousers and shirt and left off my bra too. :)

Thank you! I have got the mouth spray today, and found some old maternity trousers with roll down waistband! Are the wounds by your bra line then? Or lower? X

Mine top wound was just below bra. I wouldnt worry too much about a bra. I didnt wear mine until 10 days later lol

X

I have just had a letter from Hospital and they only mentioned dressing gown and slippers, no mention of pj's or nightie, go in on thursday, I will have to find out, just took it I wore one of their gowns.

Back