• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

House hunting

tranquil_butterfly

Well Mr TB and I are looking for our first home together. I am trawling the web as we are moving to a new area to be closer to my family and so far I am less than impressed.

Any tips? My sisters are overjoyed at the propect of us being close by. I have lived where we are now for nearly 27 years and I am going to miss my little flat - I am scared we are going to end up next door to the neighbours from hell:cry:.

tranquil x

Good luck on ur move Hun ;) x

do what i did hun, when you find a place you like... take a walk past at diferent times of day, and at night times... and then say late on a sat night.. if all is quiet then you know your not moving next door to party animals xx good luck hun xx

Where are you moving to Tranquil?

Good luck hun x

tranquil_butterfly said:
Rayne like your ideas:D. Miss Tickle I am moving to south Birmingham. Thanks for the good wishes everyone.

tranquil x

Where about in bham u going hun? Good luck with ur move x

Ooooh exciting :):):) Good luck with your search, honey & hope you & Mr TB have a lovely life together :):)
There are lots of BHam peeps on here so you could enlist their help with finding your perfect little lovenest :):) xxx

Have you made a list of the things you're looking for Tranquil? When we were moving I made a list of the 5 things I really wanted in a new house, then I narrowed it down to 2 essential criteria and went from there. Good luck x

Some lovely tips everyone thank you. Laura we are looking on the south side, Moseley, Kings Heath, Stirchley as my sisters live that side. Mr TB used to live in Kings Norton but it has a lot of bad memories for him so that area is out. We would prefer a bungalow but they are scarce and expensive. Given Mr TB's illness we are going to need somewhere that will be adaptable especially to accommodate a stair lift.

My sisters and I are meeting up at the weekend for a discussion as they are very keen to get us moved and fast:D

Thanks once again.

tranquil x

Well I met with my sisters today. It was...interesting. They clearly have a different view as to what I need and what they think I need - which is not going to work. There are two places I have seen that I like - one is directly opposite to where my youngest sister lives and the other one is in the next street. Part of me thinks they are just a little too close but I really like the area and it is convenient for so many things. I realised today this move is not really about me but about makng things as comfortable as possible for Mr TB. So perhaps I need to just keep that in mind and fit in with what suits him - which may not be what I want - but is a roof over our heads.

tranquil x

Well I met with my sisters today. It was...interesting. They clearly have a different view as to what I need and what they think I need - which is not going to work. There are two places I have seen that I like - one is directly opposite to where my youngest sister lives and the other one is in the next street. Part of me thinks they are just a little too close but I really like the area and it is convenient for so many things. I realised today this move is not really about me but about makng things as comfortable as possible for Mr TB. So perhaps I need to just keep that in mind and fit in with what suits him - which may not be what I want - but is a roof over our heads.

tranquil x

That is a lovely way to look at things, hon :) I am sure Mr TB would so the same if the tables were turned. :) You may be glad to have your sister close by at some point ... :) xxx

Well I dipped my toe in the treacherous water and went to view a house today. There was nothing £30,000 of work wouldn't cure:rolleyes:.

Strangely though I really liked it. Mr TB was too ill to come so my two sisters came with me. One just lives in the next road so that was one advantage. It has a lovely garden and as I say £30,000 of renovation work and it would be lovely:D. A couple had lived in it for most of their married life and the husband had died in a home last year, his wife having passed away some time ago. I don't know if it was my witchy senses kicking in but I could feel them in the house. It was a warm feeling - very strange for a house that is unoccupied and on the coldest day we have had so far this year. Even my sisters said how warm it felt.

The estate agent had lined up lots of viewings so by the time we had looked around the next set of viewers, a couple with a young child were waiting outside. I think it will go quickly and I cannot afford the work that I would like to do. So I will let it go.

While Mr TB is so poorly I am going to abandon the hunt. Thanks for all who contributed to the thread and the brilliant tips. I will keep them in mind when the hunt resumes;).

tranquil x

a good partnership is about giving and taking and if you have to GIVE a little so he is happy then TAKE heart from that you will be happy xx good luck whatever you decide :)

Back