• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How big is your side plate?

minxie

I know that we should eat from a side plate after a bypass but I just wondered what sort of size most people's plates are!

I have two sizes, one is 21cms edge to edge and the other is 16cm - I usually use the 21cm one but don't fill it edge to edge.

Mad question I know!!:rolleyes:

Mine is about 8 inches diameter. Unless it is for soup of course lol.
Lynne x

Yes me too, I stick to the inner rim normally. Have a one to two inch rim around my din dins, I normally have loads of chicken, beef or pork with some gravy, half a tablespoon of green beans or peas, perhaps half a potato and thats it. I don't very often eat all of the veg.... thank goodness for my vitamins!
If I am eating say for example custard, made with skimmed milk and pretend sugar, I will probably have about half a coffee mug full on perhaps a tablespoon full of fruit without any juice or syrup and if I eat yogurt, I buy fresh zero fat greek style and put that on my tablespoon of fruit and mix a little sprinkle of pretend sugar into it. Yummy dinner.
Can you tell i'm ready for my dinner lol. We were talking about plate sizes and I have to go and imagine a filled one!! lol.
Lynne x

Last night at a meeting the dietician spoke about a 7 inch..

Minoots said:
Last night at a meeting the dietician spoke about a 7 inch..

I remember that too lol

Thanks everyone, think I'll treat myself to a new pretty 7" one! Think that a saucer size seems a bit too small though;)

Ok im sad but i have one of those warm baby bowls im going to use to start with so pretty small but i hate cold food so was best for me and cheap on e bay :) also bought a special pretty plate at a car boot sale for later on its 7" ok ok im sooo sad lol

for christmas I got a lovely tatty teddy breakfast set plate, cup and bowl and they not plastic so am all grown up lol, its lovely and they a perfect size think they meant for babys starting proper food. the bowl holds 2 scrambles eggs maybe a tiny bit more but not much more and the plate is 7 inch diameter xx

I have a blue side plate. My friend told me blue makes food less appetising, as no food is the colour blue.......

....... It makes not 1 ounce of difference you will be shocked to know lol!!!!!!!!

I use a standard side plate and ensure the food stays within the rim.

for christmas I got a lovely tatty teddy breakfast set plate, cup and bowl and they not plastic so am all grown up lol, its lovely and they a perfect size think they meant for babys starting proper food. the bowl holds 2 scrambles eggs maybe a tiny bit more but not much more and the plate is 7 inch diameter xx

I WANT ONE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hehehe

oooooh i didnt know we get to buy fancy new plates!!!!!

the one time we all get excited about the inches hey ;) xxx

I WANT ONE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hehehe

aww dont blame you its soo cute and perfect sized I sed to hubby if I ever start using a different bowl then I no thats probs wen am starting to over eat or my portion sizes are getting bigger. I've just been looking online for you but I cant find it anywhere my mam got me it from ebay because of my op but they only have plastic ones on at the mo n my sons have had plastic sets n the bowls always seem to be big.

If I find one anywhere I shall send you a link xx

aww dont blame you its soo cute and perfect sized I sed to hubby if I ever start using a different bowl then I no thats probs wen am starting to over eat or my portion sizes are getting bigger. I've just been looking online for you but I cant find it anywhere my mam got me it from ebay because of my op but they only have plastic ones on at the mo n my sons have had plastic sets n the bowls always seem to be big.

If I find one anywhere I shall send you a link xx

i think ive seen it on amazon but not sure if its the same one, it has a plate a mug and a bowl x

Back