• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How Can I Thank You?

Grace

Well, I don't know what to say. I'm so completely over-whelmed by all the love and support from my very dear friends, now family, here on WLSurgery.

We got home last night about 5pm to a freezing cold house and immeditely had to have British Gas out to repair the boiler. Brrrrrrrr! Poor lad, he arrived at 9pm and left at 11.30, soaked because the boiler had sprung a leak! Must be running in the family!:eek:

Anyhow, that isn't the point. The point is to say a HUGE personal Thank you to you all for caring so much and for praying so fervently. I don't think I've ever felt so loved, and lurking on here last night whilst the poor gas man struggled to repair the boiler outside my bedroom door, shed quite a few tears.

It was very horrible, frightening and ohhhhhh...can't really describe it all. But I feel sure all your love and thoughts pulled me through.

Thank you especially for the cards sent and for the wonderful visits from Liz and Paul, Kay, Christine and Jacci, which I know bucked Chris up as well as me. And of course to those who kept the forum updated, wonderful Stephie, Liz, Jacci and Christine, Kelly and Bev.

LOL this feels like an Oscar winners' speech....but in a way, I can see how, because I can't imagine a group of people making someone feel more special!

I'm now hopefully on the mend. I feel like I've been hit by a train and don't look too much different: my wounds and bruises are a sight to behold! I'm still very, very sore, not eating much but back to basic functioning. I think Mr Balapuri knew I was at the point where I could recover better at home and I think I will. Hospital is an exhausting place to be. I have to take it very easy. I get my many staples out Monday. My tum looks like a road map!
So once again Thank You all. My love and thoughts go out to you all. You are an amazing and just very, very special bunch of people. I wonder if what we have extra in pounds, we (shed or un-shed), we also have in love, care and compassion? Because the compassion and care on this site just oozes out.

Last edited:

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
I for one am just so thrilled to have you back and know that youre well and getting better, I was so afraid for you and had you on my mind constantly, just gutted we couldnt get to see you, but Im glad that people did manage to.
Sooooo thrilled youre ok xxx xxx
Love you lots xxx
Steph xx

Leesh

So very glad to see you back Charis, I know I dont really know you very well but you do come across as a very special lady and you have been very much in my thoughts. Just make sure you continue to look after yourself now you are home.

pinkylin

oh charis its so lovely to see you post we have all been worried sick about you i dont come on much anymore due to goin to college and one thing and another lol but when i seen how ill you where i did frequent more often just to keep up on your thread and to see how you where doing its hard enough having to go through this op in the first place never mind havning to go through it all again but im glad your on the mend you judt take it easy huni rest as much as pos dont over do it take each day as it comes wish you all the best hun lv n hugs lin.x

Shopgirl1301

As a newbie, obviously I don't know you Charis, but like many other newbie's on this wonderful site, I have said a prayer for you and wished you a speedy recovery, I'm so very glad you are back home, as that is where your recovery will hopefully speed along, good luck with your continuing journey and I lookforward to getting to know you over the coming months.
Wendyx

dottychic

Wooohooooo, our little Charis is home :D How wonderful to see you posting again! We were all so worried for you hun and trust me there has been more than a few tears shed in the last few days on here! Im not religious but I even had a word with the big guy upstairs for you :eek: Seriously though hun, Im am so chuffed to see you back, just be very very careful and dont be tempted to overdo things .
You are a very special lady and you have been massively missed (HUGS) XXX

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Charis the biggest "thank you" you have given us is by coming back to us safe and sound that was all we needed and wanted. I too was very worried and for once felt very helpless i would love to have been nearer to visit but you were never far from my thoughts. It is brilliant to see you posting again and i actually feel quite emotional typing this( i'm a delayed reaction person) thats my excuse anyway lol. Take it very easy hun baby steps until you can build your strength up and please give Chris my best wishes he must have been to hell and back too and i can only imagine his joy at having you back home. You are one hell of a lovely not to mention strong lady and hun its such a relief and a pleasure to say WELCOME BACK CHARIS lots of love and hugs xxx

Emma Louise

Wellcome home Charis! So pleased to see you posting!!
Keep rested and positive.
We love you xxxxxxx

Pookiedoodle

Totally in love with Mika
So pleased to see you back with us where you belong Sweetheart.

Sending lots of love and hugs your way.

xxx

RoseA

What can I say that others' haven't ? You're such a part of our family and we couldn't bear to think of you suffering so. Take it easy now and focus on a full recovery... xxx :flowers:

Rebirth

So glad that God in his wisdom saw fit to return you to us Charis. I hope you are not in too much pain and that you will heal quickly.

love

Rebirthxxx

Kerry Jo

So glad to see you posting, was really worried about you. I said a few prayers too, it was such a shock to read what had happened. Glad your home and hope your well and truly on the mend xxx

slimmerkay

Oh it is such a relief to see you posting on here yourself. So happy you are home. We were very frightened for you at one point.

You're a star to still stay positive. Hope you heal quickly. Love and hugs x

deeby

yay welcome back charis you have been sorely missed and very worried about , im glad youre back at home and hopefully you can finish healing in peace, make sure you take it very easy hun youve been through soooo much,
Love and hugs
Dawn xxxx

JOWOOD4

Everyone is so happy to have you back. Do you realise that you are a very special lady? Sometimes a bad experience helps us to see things that we dont have time to appreciate. You are so well respected on the site and we are all delighted you are home to recover
Loads of love
Jo XX

ladylite

It is a pleasure hun, so pleased to have you back, but make sure you take it slowly we dont want you off again. xxxxx