• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How could this happen?

witchingmoon

I am so lost as to how I have put on 7lbs. I have been good not 100% as had a meal out for my birthday but no were near 7lbs. Could it be the marina? put in on the 3rd so only 15 days.
I am so upset with myself I don't want them to say I can't have the op as I haven't put weight on, which I have read they can do.
Even when I am good I am putting on weight will the op change this or am I always going to be like this? :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

What's Marina??
So sorry you've had a gain hon :( You must feel devestated. All I can suggest is that you keep trying, and really stick to your plan. Although TBH I think I would have gone out for my birthday too. It's my birthday in just over two weeks and I'm post op so really don't know what to do for it.

Just keep trying!! Do you want me to see if I can't send you some will power?? xx

Yes please hun that would be fab thank you. Marina is the coil hun to help as my hormonal. x

Oh, I see. Have you read up on it, because if there are hormones being released from it, then hormonal changes can cause some weight gain. I'll have a browse and see if I can find you something to read on it. xxx

Dont fret hun it will sort itself out next week bet you!

There are mixed reviews about the Mirena coil, some saqy yes it makes you gain, some say no. Just don't let it become an excuse, even if you do put on a couple of lb with it, if you carry on cutting down you are bound to lose weight. Good luck x

You will have plenty of birthdays to enjoy when you are nice and slim and healthy after the op, trust me.

Although TBH I think I would have gone out for my birthday too. It's my birthday in just over two weeks and I'm post op so really don't know what to do for it.

Just keep trying!! Do you want me to see if I can't send you some will power?? xx[/QUOTE]

Try to stay positive. I am in the same position as you re the Mirena - I have been good over the past week c 11-1200 calories a day and that should ideally mean that I loose 1-2lbs per week - so I was devastated to have put on 2lbs in the week. I think its the change in hormones and water retention.

I have decided to kick the habit of weighing myself daily/weekly but will do it monthly now to get a better idea of how I am doing overall.

Smile and keep on track - the weight loss will definitely catch up xx

The body works in strange ways hunnie, trying your best is all tgat you can do, just b really good the next few weeks and ull b askin itself y u were worried xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thank you all. I have got go ahead to use exercise bike as long as I get no pain in my knee so am trying to do every day did 10mins today and yesterday which was about 2.2miles which was not easy but will build up slowly. I am feeling better and pushing myself to get the 7lb off. X

Back