• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sunderland 3rd appointment in 2 weeks possibe balloon now?! target not met :(

jo86

Ok

So i haven't posted anything on here in a while basically out of shame!! I havent met by weight loss target (god i have tried but there is a reason why i want this op!!) I got a letter through the other day saying i was discussed on 25th october and results are bypass and possible balloon.

I phoned dietitican and admitted i hadnt lost all my target and she said to just come to appointment and she reckons if they think i shud have a balloon first they already think i need help losing more weight with an aide.

I know people use the milk diet etc to lose a lot of weight for these appointments but i know myself and this would do more harm for me at the minute.

Other option is to postpone appointment but i wouldnt get one till end of feb and dietician said consultant would not be impressed and to go to any appointments im giving.

I dunno what to do i dont wanna go and hear the words im dreading think i'd rather stay at home...what do you people think?? anyone else in a similar situation??

p.s appointment mr shroeder 17th november

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

In my opinion you should go to the appointment and be totally honest with them. They know you wouldnt be asking for surgery if it was easy to loose weight yourself. If you dont go you will never know what they would have said, I think Id rather bite the bullet and hope they would be understanding......I know you must be really worried but you wont be the first or the last person not to have met their target :D XX

27 stone i need this operation people might think i'm not taking it serious and i'm worried consultants will think that too!! but i have tried i'm going to the gym 1 - 2 times a week now after doctor referred me to a get fit scheme in my area (which i went and asked for) and 2 x 20mins on the wii a day as i have got 2 toddlers and soo unfit i think that is good for me! and well with the food i'm doing my best i think my boyfriend and mother will drag me there anyways but its doing my head in constantly thinking of it

I think you should go too. Maureen the dietician is lovely and would only give you the best advice. Go there and BE honest. Maybe the balloon pre-bypass is the way forward for you.

DON'T be ashamed. You, like us all, need this surgery because you have struggles and an unhealthy relationship with food.

Sending much love an hugs and understanding.
xxxxxxx

I can imagine how it would drive you mad but thats probably putting extra stress on you and then you will eat more! Its such a viscous circle and I know exactly how that feels. I really wish there was something I could say that would help but all I can draw on is my personnal experience, and that tells me that anyone performing bariatric surgery must have a feeling for how an obese person cant always control what they eat and therefore needs the surgery :D I hope Im right ..........Id give it you no problem ;) XX

Thanks to both of you. The letter also mentioned my sleep test result was discussed but i don't know the outcome of that untill my appointment at the sleep clinic on monday so that is worrying a little too so thats got me thinking they want more weight off before i go under anaestetic but i may be wrong.

I hope i get put forward i would have a very happy christmas xx

Hi love, i was in a similar situation to you in that i was told to lose 10lb before i went back to see the consultant, well i went on holiday and gained, didnt lose a lb.

I went to my app thinking that if i could lose the weight then i wouldnt need the wls in the first place would i.

My surgeon wasnt pleased and refused to put me on the list.

He sent me away and told me to lose 1 stone in 4 weeks then go back to see him. It nearly killed me but i knew i had to do it.

I lost 18lb when i went back and he then he placed me on the list.

I know every hospital is different love but im sure you will have to prove that you can lose some weight before your wls as most people do.

I hope this has helped you, but i would go to you app and explain things to them. Then i think you will be given a new target.
Let us all know what you decide xxxx

Hi Jo, I'd go to the appointment.... the worst they can do is say that you're not having the op (yet!!!). The dietician should be able to give you some support for weight loss I'm sure - she seemed to be approachable at the seminar and infact she told us to get in touch if we felt we were struggling.

It may be that they can give you the balloon before the bypass as you may not need a general for this and it will kickstart your weight loss.

I've been up and down for the past couple of months. I find it really difficult at times to cut back and have had more than one 'pig outs' since the seminar :eek: before getting back on track... There's a thread by Bev where we're posting our daily diets and I thought that this could be a way of taking charge of what I'm eating - specially if I'm having to share the details with others!!! Why not join in... it might help.

i would say go fro you appointment, explain you have tried with no success but stress you do not want to give uo on your weight loss journey. He will not doubt ask you what you have been doing and the changed you have made to your lifestyle since your last appointment. they are looking for the fact you have made changes - which i am guessing you have and they want to see you have committment to make the big changes that come after surgery. the doctor will then make the judgement of if to give you longer or if additional surgery can help.
Not sure about mr Shroder but mr small gave my friend an additional 4 months to lose the 4 kg but she was warned that if she didnt do it this time they would not proceed with her case- she has so far but her next appointment is not until Dcember. they also suggested she she a psychologist to talk through her eatting habbits and issues.

the best is to go and be truthfull, if we could lose weight ourselves and keep it off then we wouldnt be waiting for weight loss surgery and the drs do realise this. dont be disheartened and you are not a failure you are only human

xxx

I would go as well.... they will see there is a reason why you cant shift the weight and you might need an aid... you wont be any worse off by going - but you would be worse off by not going i would say....

omg you must must go sweets, even the dietacian has said to go.....seriously they ll get you sorted x

Jo, please go and please keep in touch.

Keep in touch with your team and GP too... don't miss this opportunity Angel.

Chances are few and far between and it's likely they will fully understand that you have been unable to do this on your own.. some people need more help than others... your day is going to come...

Please go and have you someone to go with you?

I am in bed at present not feeling well, so if you need me I am here... but it's a life changing opportunity... just wait... in a year's time we will be looking back at this Angel.

Love and hugs xxx

Hi Jo, this happened to me I had my appt on 8th Sept, I was supposed to have lost 5kg (11lb) but I had only lost 3kg (6lb) Mr Shroeder said he wanted to see me again in 6 weeks for my endoscopy and they would weigh me again but if I haven't lost the weight then that he would have to take me off the list. So he gave me a 2nd chance my appt is on Tuesday and I have lost 1 st and 6lb. So they will give you a 2nd chance too, they don't want you to fail they want to help you so go to your appointment because I felt the same as you do and now I feel great and really positive, I have been on a diet over the past few weeks and it has been quite easy to stick to, let me know if you want it, Karen x

Hi Jo, this happened to me I had my appt on 8th Sept, I was supposed to have lost 5kg (11lb) but I had only lost 3kg (6lb) Mr Shroeder said he wanted to see me again in 6 weeks for my endoscopy and they would weigh me again but if I haven't lost the weight then that he would have to take me off the list. So he gave me a 2nd chance my appt is on Tuesday and I have lost 1 st and 6lb. So they will give you a 2nd chance too, they don't want you to fail they want to help you so go to your appointment because I felt the same as you do and now I feel great and really positive, I have been on a diet over the past few weeks and it has been quite easy to stick to, let me know if you want it, Karen x

Really well done Karen!

Thanks Charis, Karen x

Thank you everyone i remember the reason i liked this website :) just was too ashamed to even log on really as i just didnt want to talk about it!!

I went on holiday last week and put a shed load on :( You have made me think mr shroeder will at least give me a second chance.

Karen yes i would like that diet you have done fab i remember your posts on that appointment i'm open to all suggestions xx

Jo even between now and your appointment you could make a start and lose a few pounds? Go to Boots to get weighed and keep the tickets the machine prints out so you can prove you've shown willing?
its worth a try pet?

Hi Jo, I hope you go to your appointment, you'll be thinking 'what if.....' forever if you don't.

Maybe the balloon will be a good thing - a lot of people get turned away without being given this option. It will allow you to show the docs that you can lose weight if you are given the help and the tools to do it i.e. The Bypass.

Nobody gets a bypass as an easy option so you could say to the docs "look how hard I've worked and I havn't lost anything but with the balloon I lost xxx amount - I now need this to be permanant - I need the bypass"

Best of luck, keep us posted.

Back