• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How did yopu thank your surgeon??

Porpo

Hi,

On Wednesday I'm going back to see Mr Ammori for my 6 week check up. Just wondered whether people had taken their surgeons thank you cards or anything after the surgery?

xxx

That's a lovely idea, I think seeing you embrace a new healthy lifestyle and really "get it" in terms of the chance you have been given by having the surgery to get fit and well is a good way to thank them.

Ive bought Mr S a smart pen and got the Nurse and the nutritionist some aromatherapy kits - all for Xmas. Wouldnt normally but this op has transformed me and even these things arent enough for what they have done for me.

I didn't get a 6 week check with Mr Ammori - should I have. Anyway I think a card is a lovely gesture. I'm sure he'll not just how much he has done for you anyway.

I gave mine a card, with a hand painted butterfly on it, saying this is how this op has made me feel.

It was the very least i could do.

I think that maybe this question should be aimed more at us NHS patients as the private patients did pay an awful lot of money, not that they cant be thankful to their surgeon obviously.
Steph xx

Thanks for this post, I was thinking the same thing myself but what do you get. Chocs seem a bit innapropriate lol, but you don't want to go over the top either with an expensive gift could be emmbarassing. A pen is a great idea, but then what do you get for the rest of the team?

Look forward to seeing everyone's reply.

Jeanx

I got my surgeon a big box of Thorntons choccies and a card, and the nurses chocs and biscuits and a card;):D

Hi,

Thanks for the idea's. I might just stick to cards, chocolate would be easiest but I think it kinda sends the wrong message...

I'm really looking forward to going back - bizarrely - and seeing how much they think I've lost.

x

We gave the nurses that took care of me on the ward a big box of chocolates, hubby bought them and gave them to them when he collected me to take me home, they seemed very happy to have them and what is nicer on a long shift than to be able to just quick grab a chocolate and run. If the ward was soley dedicated to wls then wouldnt have been chocolate but as it wasnt then fair do's.
At what point do you give the gift to the surgeon? On your first check up? I dont want him to think that I am being silly (he is a bit of a straight to the point matter of fact kind of fella) by buying him a gift. Ill definately take him a lovely card when I have my first post op appointment with him, really wouldnt know what else to get him.
Do I buy the girls in the clinic something too? I have only met them around three times and one of them I only met once. Im going to be seeing them for 2 years apparantley, so when is the time to take them something?
Steph xx

I don't see why chocs are an inappropriate pressy for my surgeon or nurses:confused:Maybe for me, as I was the one with the weight issues, but not them :eek:I never even considered it inappropriate :eek:

Back