• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How did you decide?

JulesE

Hiya - me again! :eek:

Just wondering how those of you who paid for your wls decided where to go?

What factors made you choose the hospital/clinic you used?

Many thanks

im nhs but i would look into what after care package is included in the price payed x

hi im going privatly with wls group but i looked at lots of other companys , i looked at aftercare packages, price, location of hospital(how easy it is for you to get to) and location of clinic for fills etc,surgeon,found out people who had been with them b4, phoned up each company and spoke to them and asked all of the ?s above and if im honest i go with my gut instinct aswell find out as much info as possible and when you have found a company you like ask ?s on here ,other forums etc hope that helps xxh

There was no question my priority was the Surgeons credentials, he is the man whose hands you put your life in as is the Anaethetist, secondly aftercare and third location...I would have travelled anywhere in England for my Op and have no regrets with my surgeon choice.

I am having my band privately. My priority was to look for an experienced surgeon. Did research and found fab surgeon (Shaw Somers) who is quite well known and very experienced. His team work within the NHS too at St Richards in Chichester and are wonderful. He operates at various private hospitals and I chose one close to where I live. :)

I was the same as some of the others, i looked at the credentials of the surgeon, the consultant i'm under, the hospitals they use and what the aftercare package is, i went with healthier weight who i found easy to talk to, they understood my needs and really could not do enough to accomodate my needs or requirements pre op.
I also believe that part of my success is due to the excellent advice and support i've recieved from my dietician.

I guess though gut feeling does play a big part in your decision making, if it feels right then normally its the right decision.

Back