• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How do i cook Minted lamb???

keeley86

Hi, just looking for a little advice really. I have never cooked lamb before and ive got this huge lamb leg and ive decided to cook it for sunday dinner today. any ideas on the best way to cook it and how do i make it minted????

Try glazing it with mint jelly. That's how I cook it for my family and they tell me it's great (I'm a vegetarian, so I've never tried it!) xx

Oh, and I make cuts in the lamb before I glaze it and then roast it on a medium heat xx

Keeley, here in Wales there is no shortage of lambs...
I have a herb garden by my back door with fresh mint to use with lamb and freshly chopped mint is heavenly... served with the vegetables as well...

My lamb is marinaded in my own mint sauce which is basically, vinegar, sweetener and mint, very simple and I score the outside of the joint and rub in chopped mint too...

Goes down a treat with fresh veg from my garden...

You're making me hungry now!

Good luck xxx

add garlic as well as mint , i cut into lamd and fillthese with mint and garlic, and roast in oven.............i have lamb today too yummy xxx

sounds good to meee - i sent hubby out to get some mint sauce and yorky puds. what temp should i have a fan oven on and how long should it cook for? thanks guys

also.... should i cover it with foil? or not?

its in..... ill let you know how its turns out, smells lush! hmmmmmmmmm, im aunt marvin too! thanks xxx

Poke the thickest part of the leg with a knife too, you want the juices to run clear xx

it was absolutely gorgous! like melt in your mouth hmmmmmmmmm. what i did is i mixed loads of mint sauce with some vinegar crushed garlic little salt and pepper and covered the lamb in it. i put the oven on full blast to warm up and covered the tin with foil then in the oven and i left it on full blast for about 15 minutes then i turned it down to about 110 and after about an hour i took the foil of it. 2 hours later i stuck my meat stabber in it and held it over a plate and i thought it was still a little bloody so i turned the oven up a little and shuvved it back in for 15 - 20 mins and it was done, ohhhhhhh honestly it was a beut.... i really enjoyed it! it didnt quite fall of the bone tho but i was gawwwjous! lol thanks everyone for your help , same time next week for my next cooking lesson, hehehehe xxx

ahahh keeley its interesting to see how people do things differently too.........................xxx

so jelous, my mouth is watering, glad you enjoyed your minty lamb. xxx
I'm going to give mixmans way a try next time i cook lamb xxx

I like my lamb pink but other than that it sounds heavenly.....

so when's the WLS dinner party then? :D

i think ill try mixmans next time too, as for the dinner party... i would have to sell tickets because my dining room table only sits 4 - 6 at a push! lol im not a bad cook! didnt do too bad for the first time i cooked lamb, i thaught i was going to ruin it, lol! we had pork chops tonight, i love meat me - i would rather a plate full of meat than anything else, but gotta fit them veggies in somewhere! lol

oooooooo noooooooo !!! i hope i dont go the same way post op, i luv my meat! your doing realli well mixman! where abouts in sheffield do you live? i grew up on hackenthorpe

Back