• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how do the doctor's do the application

jj87

Hi guys.
My gp appointment is Friday and fingers crossed she will be sending my application to the homerton . Is there anything I need to provide and is it a form online they use?
Thanks guys

Hi guys.
My gp appointment is Friday and fingers crossed she will be sending my application to the homerton . Is there anything I need to provide and is it a form online they use?
Thanks guys
Good luck :) The answer to your question is I don't know how it happens in your area. In my area, it appears that my GP contacted the PCT commissioning group to say that he wanted to refer me. They then contacted me to ask if I still wanted the referral and then sent the referral on. It seems that they were the ones who decided which hospital they would pass my referral on to. I don't think anything was done online, but all via snail mail. This is through the NHS.

For my NHS referral the GP did a referral letter to the bariatric surgeon which was faxed to the department secretary - the GP secretaries didn't know what to do so they sat on my GPs referral request for 3 weeks! I had to chase it all up, find out what they had to do and instruct them on how to do it! You have to be persistant in this game! However, it is different in every area so you wont get a generic answer. There might be some people who were at Homerton that can help.

Good luck with your referral!

My GP did mine online and that went to the central booking place and stayed there for a few weeks as they did not have nay appointments available. Then I read on the forums here that they should try faxing it and that's what they did before I was then allocated and appointment.

Back