• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding application

beckers

So is it usual for the surgeon himself to apply for the funding for your surgery? I thought your GP was supposed to do it for you.
My GP had a letter sent to her saying after the MDT meeting on the 13 November, they had agreed my surgery, and the surgeon would be doing the application himself.
Rather confused here now.

Jaybo78

Half the man i used to be
I don't think its that unusual, I know the Oxfordshire PCT works by the GP applying for funding from the PCT for referal assessment by the bariatric unit, the lead surgeon then assesses the patients suitability for surgery following the patients review by the unit, the surgeon or bariatric unit lead then applys to the PCT for surgical funding.

beckers

Ah that would be why he applied for it then, not the GP. They had the meeting a week after i saw the surgeon, that's when they agreed my surgery. Im from Northamptonshire.

Lincs Lass

Hi Beckers

This funding is a huge minefield. In East Sussex the GP applies, in some parts of London the hospital applies, Lincs PCT has an agreement with Derbyshire who do their ops that if the consultant accepts the patient then funding is automatic!

Good luck with your journey x

beckers

So my GPs secretary sent me a copy of the actual letter Mr Menon sent to my GP, it's dated the 28th November, saying that he would apply for my funding as an individual. Not really sure why he didn't.