• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How do you manage regular meals?

Majella

I still cannot do this. I am 5 weeks post op, had my first fill last Thursday - 2ml in a small band (not sure what small means). Today up until 4pm I had 2 cheese triangles. I have always been used to not eating much during the day but having a large evening meal - I am still trying to do this!!. I wish I could sort out these old lifetime habits, it is making it all so much harder. Sorry, I did do my tracker but it did not work, I will try again:). Lost 28lb so still happy with that but I know it won't work if I cannot sort out my habits:mad: x

Ok. deep breath - you CAN do this!, its going to take time to adjust and fine tune your eating habbits. I can relate 100% to the wanting to eat more than I can, it does get much easier!

Stick to the guidelines you were given for meals and quantities, post on the banders food and exercise thread for ideas etc and we will all help as much as we can x

Thank you Mazza, when I see your stats, you are such a good luck charm to me I know this can work. I thought post op 2 weeks was a bit hard, but the reality does kick in as the weeks go on. I know why I did this so I will suceed xx

Do little and often till it all kicks in,every few hours have a diddy 'meal'the weightloss really kicks in once you eat regularly.You feel as if all you are doing is eating and drinking all day!

I still cannot do this. I am 5 weeks post op, had my first fill last Thursday - 2ml in a small band (not sure what small means). Today up until 4pm I had 2 cheese triangles. I have always been used to not eating much during the day but having a large evening meal - I am still trying to do this!!. I wish I could sort out these old lifetime habits, it is making it all so much harder. Sorry, I did do my tracker but it did not work, I will try again:). Lost 28lb so still happy with that but I know it won't work if I cannot sort out my habits:mad: x

Hello there, Firstly well done on losing 28lbs:D

I used to be like u nowt for brekkie , little for lunch and a big dinner. But once I had my wls I knew I could only eat little and often and knew of all the tales of eating too much and vomiting ( soz if tmi) and foaming if eating too quickly ( summit I used to do when I left it so long and was hungry I would eat like fast and quantities of it) and I was scared of this happening to me,but you do get used to the new way of eating, it takes a while and your fairly recent out of surgery, trust me it will click into place, I now eat 3 meals ( my portion sizes) a day as well as fluids in between. Listen to what your new pouch/body is telling you, STOP as soon as you feel full, and don't forget too stick to the drinking rule your provider gave you ( Not drinking before a certain time before and after meals, and defo not during meals) Your mindset will catch up and in no time at all you be looking back and thinking how easy is this. Wishing you all the best on your wl journey - Julie xxx

Thanks Julie really useful. Well I am back eating with my teaspoon and yes ladies it does help! I ate more small meals today so really trying to do this. I have mastered the not drinking before or after meals so hurrah on that one!! I have not been sick once yet or foamed so I am hoping that means I have not been as much as I think. Onwards with my wls journey xx

Back