• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long did it take for you to heal?

Gnomes

Afternoon all

Had my op 11 days ago now, and 5 out of 6 of my op sites have still not healed.

How long did it take for others to heal?

I keep having to see my practice nurse for them to be dressed, I had it done today and 2 of the sites still have quite big holes in them?? and I'm still in pain with them.

I'm worried, as I am due back to work next week.

Thanks all as usual x

Had my stitched removed on the 8th day and they were all pretty much healed up, only 1 had a slight scab on it.

I had my dressing removed at 6 days and they were all fine

I took my dressing off after 5 days. My wounds were glued an had steri strips over and they healed very well.

Ive been told to take the dressings off after 6-7 days...leave the steri strips on to fall off naturally....Im currently day 4 after surgery, so on monday im gonna pop to my GP and see if she or the nurse can take the dressings off, as im scared incase i rip the steri strips or anything....everythings still very very tender and sore...and the bit opening (as i had a band) of 2cm, where the port is, is black/blue bruised too!

I will be 1 month post op tomorrow but one of my wounds didnt heal properly yet. They put stitches inside and glued outside but in one a corner of the stitch was sticking out and didnt close the wound. I will see the practice nurse tomorrow but if the wound doesnt heal they will have to cut the stitch and remove it.

Mine took about 2/3 too heal properly. xx Everyone is different on the healing process, try not to fret they will heal in time xx

I think mine took a week to close up,
I did take the strips off after a few days to let the air get too them.
And after a couple of weeks I used bio oil on them,now they are very pale and hardly noticeable on tummy area x

Now that I have had my bandages off, Im better at telling how they are doing.
Its 7 days today since my surgery. Im bruised around the port badly...lovely array of colours there is lol....
The others have dried blood, but look well, no infection or heavy redness. Ive only got steri strips on now, which im meant to leave on to naturally fall off. Under that ive been glued.

But so far so good...and ive been sitting topless to get the air to them :)

Mine were stitched and glued with a dressing on the drain wound. All look as if they're healing well, very little bruising, no pain.

Back