• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How does having a cold affect banders?

flutterby1966

I have a sore throat and feel a summer cold / chest infection coming on ... Last night I ate my dinner, but then couldn't even face a final milky drink of the day to up my calories as I felt/sounded all 'bubbly' as I breathed. Don't know how to really describe it. I don't burp ... But it's as though I had one burp ready to come up but in many thousands of teeny air pockets instead of one burp :eek: very weird sensation!

How does having a cold affect other banders?

Yes I was exactly the same Michelle, like a gurgling going off! It's weird isn't it. Hope you feel better soon x

Omg it's really freaky feeling. Off to work now :cry:

:( thankgod I don't work sats! Nat west have a busy weekend ahead of them I see :) joys of banking lol

This is going to sound awful, but when you've got a cold mucus will be running into your tummy. So chances are you probably are a bit off your game because of that.

I agree with what Yvessa has just said. When I had a cold and cough my throat/Windpipe was gurgling quite a lot because when you swallow what is normally just saliva, it's thicker because of the mucus! (sorry if TMI!)
My band is a bit gurgly anyway in that when I eat or drink I normally make a bit of noise in my throat, a bit like an inny burp if that makes any sense at all. oh the glamour of it all! Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks ladies. Good to see you posting again and positive mel :)

Back