• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How have you all managed?

Me again, sorry I have so many qustions !

I was wondering how people do with their sleeves when they used to eat a lot of cakes, etc.....I am so frightened I wont do my sleeve justice..I need to know how full everyone feels with the sleeve?

I have seen so many wonderful weightlosses on here but, imagine that people ate larger portions of food before?

I am a notorious picker and graizer....it's managed to get me to 20st and I am terrified that I will be ble to pick and of course, I will try very hard not to.:confused:

Big an Bouncy

You will feel very full on smaller portions,and if you eat proper food ie chicken breast and veg you wont want to eat more and you wont be able to get it in without throwing up!
If however you only eat slider foods you can eat more,or if you eat biscuits,ice cream or crisps (and dont dump)you can eat more.Not half a pack of digestives but more than 4!
The trick is eat solid protien first then veg or salad and if you are still hungry some carbs.But tbh you cant get much in after a good portion of meat or fish ie about 4oz!Maz x

Thanks Maz, I know the Sleeve isn't a magic wand and I have to work with it but, I have spent a long time eating badly and it wont just disappear over night, so want to make sure I start right now, in changing how I eat . Today was an effort not have a cake ..but, cakes are not to be on the menu, maybe half a small mousse in future.

BrianT

Illegitimis nil carborund
Jax, the long and short of it is..it ain't gonna be easy no matter which surgery you have.
A typical chinese take away for me pre op would be special rice full carton, main dish would be Szechuan Chicken full carton, 2 or 3 sweet and sour pork balls, some crispy chilli beef and a pancake roll. I would have a mountain of food on my plate and finish it in probably no more than 10 - 15 minutes. and I still didn't feel full!
The day I got my letter telling me my surgery date something went click in my head and that weekend I had normal sized portions of food. On the monday I started the milk diet for 10 days and didn't feel Hungry at all. now 4 days post op i'm not hungry on a tin of soup a day and lots of squash and shakes. It's still early days but you have to get your head in the right place and remember all those lovely things got you/us where we are today.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Its also worth pointing out that in addition, the section of your stomach that is removed is the section that is responsible for the creation of the “hunger hormone” ghrelin. That means that you lose weight because your food intake is restricted and you feel less hungry because you no longer produce ghrelin.

The trick is to stick to your 3 meals a day and avoid the grazing ;)

I have never been able to eat large meals, don't eat take-aways....got into trouble with my weight because of bad food choices but, have already started to look very closely at what I do eat...and the snacking has to stop and be replaced by regular meals...so, the next few weeks I will be in training for my Sleeve !!

I can't wait till I get my Op over and done with and start to get my life back.

BrianT

Illegitimis nil carborund
I have never been able to eat large meals, don't eat take-aways....got into trouble with my weight because of bad food choices but, have already started to look very closely at what I do eat...and the snacking has to stop and be replaced by regular meals...so, the next few weeks I will be in training for my Sleeve !!

I can't wait till I get my Op over and done with and start to get my life back.

Thats the spirit!:0clapper:

snooky

Great question, I feel, and am, exactly the same. Bad food choices have manged to get me to 22st and people who know me wonder why I am this heavy as I don't have a huge appetite, but I love sugar and fatty foods and will snack on biscuits and chocolate throughout the day rather than have a meal and was thinking i would be the one person that can't stop and will never lose weight.