• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long did people have of work does the hospital give u a sick note

Sarah4darren2913

So op on 24 th sep how long does people have to take of work after having the sleeve I work in a busy supermarket what's the longest that I will have to have I have to,d my work 4/ 6 weeks at longest they have told me not to come back till fully recovered Also any one that has had a sleeve in the spire Southampton do they give you a sick note when you get discharged. Anyone from spire Southampton was you put on a ward or own room sorry for all questions

I was done at Spire, they asked me how long I wanted a sick note for, and I was private so had own room, I think they only have two rooms that got two beds in but depends how busy they are.

What did you think of the hospital and staff I am so nervous what do the do when you get there before op I have to be there before 6:30 in morning do you just go to the reception desk sorry for all questions

You go to main reception, then they will take you to a room but not necessarily the same room you will come back to after the op, the nurse comes in and does blood pressure, temp and also takes blood too, it can be a long wait but free wifi and TV in room. All patients have to be in at 0630 so anaesthetist can see you also surgeon to sign forms before they start there surgical list, everybody there is very nice.

Good luck today! :) x

I had a bypass and could not drive until staples were removed that was 1 week but consultant said as I do lifting for my job better take 3 weeks off
Every one is different a friend had a band and was off 6 weeks because she did not feel she was ready after 3 weeks go back when your comfortable and fit enough
Good luck

I had a bypass and was told by my surgeon to book up to 8 weeks off , the hospital gave me the first 2 weeks and my gp tbe rest , my work place knew from the start how much time I was going to have off and thet were ok with that my recovery was text book perfect and I felt I could have returned to work sooner I realise I was very tired sleeping during the day so I guess the gp and surgeon were both right!

I had my op on the Thursday, I did a 12 hour shift the following Tuesday, I work on a laptop so wasn't too bad, I was in a Spire but in Birmingham private room (Room 101!!)

I had 9 and a half weeks of in total and had a month of phased return, building up to my full time hours. I had a sleeve, but work in a peadiatric operating theatre and there is alot of lifting etc that I have to do. My consultant didn't want me rushing back to work, so his team gave me a sick note for one month and the GP did the other ones for me.I had my op at the beginning of october last year and didn't go back to my full time hours with no restrictions till the second week in january this year

I was off for 4 days including a weekend. I had the if on the Wednesday and felt fine to go back to work on the Monday. I do work at a desk so nothing too strenuous but do long hours. It's different for everyone

I had five days off with my band but three weeks with the bypass as I carry people up and down stairs
On both it was the wind just after what they fill you up with was the worse bit
Every one is different and go back when your body is ready

Back