• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long did u take lansoprazole after surgery for??

brad scott

Hi guys I've stopped taking lansoprazole in the mornings about 2 months ago and I've had nothing but problems since then with my stomach being in pain after eating and constipation etc I'm sure my doctor said I only need to take it for 4 months post surgery but others have said they still take it now and haven't stopped can the was family give me any advice as I've just eaten a few mouthfuls and it's put me in bed with stomach pains god knows what's going on

Brad xx

My Consultant told me two a day for the first 6 months then down to one a day for next 6 months then stop. I actually forgot to order mine last month and didnt take it for the 4 weeks - no difference at all for me. But been back to Doc and she said to carry on because Consultant said so xx everyone different hun xx

I think I'm gonna start back on them as having major problems at the moment like major cramp in my stomach and mega troubles with the toilet number 2's and that's after the smallest few mouthful of foods

Hi Brad, I was on them for 6 months (1 per day), but about 2 weeks after coming off them my stomach was gurgling like mad, getting some pain (not a lot), and some of the symptoms you have mentioned. My GP put me back on them again and asked me to contact my bariatric nurse in birmingham who told me to go back on them as well. The way I look at it is they are not doing me any harm by being back on them.

Hope you're feeling better on them
:)

3 years post op and still on them. My surgeons advice was to stay on 1 a day for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

My dose was reduced from 30mg to 15mg a day, one month post-op.
Once the dose reduced, I couldn't keep any food or drink down, and was constantly being 'sick'.
The doctor put the dose back up to 30mg, and I've been fine since, but I was originally told I would need to take them for 4-6 months.

I stopped taking them two months after surgery, although my surgeon had said I would be on them for life. They gave me an upset stomach. Since I stopped them I've been fine. I guess we're all different.

I am 8 weeks post op tomorrow and had my first follow up with bariatric nurse today, she told me to take my last one tomorrow (when pack runs out) and that I dont need any more - it surprises me how different all the advice is from different PCT's

One a day for just 28 days for me !

Miss Tickle said:
One a day for just 28 days for me !

Me too. X

Sent from my HTC Desire using WLSurgery

The only thing ive taken since surgery is vitamin calcium and iron tablets what do the tablets do that your talking about...

Hi JED, they are to cut back the amt of stomach acid, which I assume prevents ulcers etc. (I think thats what they are for anyway lol)

Ahh i see as i said ive not taken anything like that and never felt acidy if thats the word im looking for lol at any time

Back