• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how long did u wait for surgery?

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
i was just wondering how long u had waited for surgery after u got ur funding?

im gonna be a bridemaid next year so im hoping i have my surgery soon xx

Hi i am just starting out too could we keep in touch ? I'm jenny from middlesex and im 400 lbs and 35 years old!!!

From the GP saying oy fattie you should consider WLS to the mask going on my fizzog was just a year hun.

Good luck xxx

How long does funding take?

From the GP saying oy fattie you should consider WLS to the mask going on my fizzog was just a year hun.

Good luck xxx

Ok thats what I thought .I'm gonna tell him I want the surgery before he rwlls me !!!:rolleyes:

I'm just starting out too, but from what i have gathered from resding the posts on here, it really does vary from place to place. Some places only a matter of months, some places a couple of years.

Just keep staying positive. :)

Good luck xxx

wow !!! youre doing well, aren't you?!
Was this a good decision for you I bet it wasn't an easy one!

hi to both of you and welcome to mini's :)

Hoping - I went to my GP in October last year, who referred me for funding and surgery,. I was advised there was a 6month waiting list to get to see the surgeon initially so I left it to run its course.
I chased again the beginning of July this year and was told I had been referred the previous week.
From then I was in to see the surgeon and op all completed by 17th August :D

All PCT's run different processes and criteria so its a guessing game in a fashion. You could however contact your local PALS service which is attached to your hospital, they should be able to give you info as to how long or what the procedure is in your PCT

All the best in your journey, you too highspirit, keep us updated how you go, and if you have any questions dont be afraid to ask on here as we are a lovely bunch, if I do say so myself. :p

I'm just starting out too, but from what i have gathered from resding the posts on here, it really does vary from place to place. Some places only a matter of months, some places a couple of years.

Just keep staying positive. :)

Thanks darlin ..I will x

hi to both of you and welcome to mini's :)

Hoping - I went to my GP in October last year, who referred me for funding and surgery,. I was advised there was a 6month waiting list to get to see the surgeon initially so I left it to run its course.
I chased again the beginning of July this year and was told I had been referred the previous week.
From then I was in to see the surgeon and op all completed by 17th August :D

All PCT's run different processes and criteria so its a guessing game in a fashion. You could however contact your local PALS service which is attached to your hospital, they should be able to give you info as to how long or what the procedure is in your PCT

All the best in your journey, you too highspirit, keep us updated how you go, and if you have any questions dont be afraid to ask on here as we are a lovely bunch, if I do say so myself. :p
thanks and yes you are all a lovely bunch x

Got my funding in April this year, have had my first and second lot of appts. and due to go back Sept 14th to see medics as am on milk diet to reduce weight by 5% before op, not all providers do this.
Was told at last appt that likely to see surgeon end Oct beg Nov, then will be about 6 weeks to op, so will wait and see.
However as you say all areas different, I am at Luton, so just keep the faith and good luck ladies

Jay xx

wow !!! youre doing well, aren't you?!
Was this a good decision for you I bet it wasn't an easy one!

I was told "If you want to be here ten years from now the operation is your only choice" so yes lover it was the easiest decision I've ever made :D:D:D

It is a bit weird as I have only just got my funding AND I'm going to be a bridesmaid next year. I had to check that I hadn't written this message last night and forgotten about it!! DUH!!!

Here's to hoping they sort us out quickly and we look super-stunning on the wedding day!! My biggest fear is being "that big fat bridesmaid" and spoiling the photos!!! When is your wedding?? Mine is May 1st!!

It is a bit weird as I have only just got my funding AND I'm going to be a bridesmaid next year. I had to check that I hadn't written this message last night and forgotten about it!! DUH!!!

Here's to hoping they sort us out quickly and we look super-stunning on the wedding day!! My biggest fear is being "that big fat bridesmaid" and spoiling the photos!!! When is your wedding?? Mine is May 1st!!

that was my biggest fear as well, i didnt wanna feel like id spoil the photos, not sure when the wedding is but i know my friend wants to get married next year. well got my fundin approved last week so im back at my doctors 7 sept, hopefully no more then but i wanna know now lol xx

i wasnt nhs hun but from booking to being on the table was 1 day short of 4 weeks

Hi i am just starting out too could we keep in touch ? I'm jenny from middlesex and im 400 lbs and 35 years old!!!

Hi Jenny i live in Middlesex 2 and i am just on the begining of my journey which hospital are ya under. I am at the Whit xx

I first saw my GP last October and she didn't refer me until March'09 because I had to go through the sleep clinic CPAP mask etc., I saw the consultant and dietician at Derby (apparently no bariatric surgery done on NHS in Nottingham) in July ... I have now had to wait 3 months for another appointment I reckon it should come through for beginning of October, well I'm hoping. The consultant told me that gastric bypass was carried out in Leeds but I don't know exactly where. He also said that Derby were waiting for 'funding' to do bypasses there and that he should have news of this by the end of July, therefore, if they did I would have it done in Derby. Confusing eh? Needless to say I still don't feel any further that I did originally ... I don't have anything positive to go by. What should I expect at the next visit - has anyone got any ideas?

I would really appreciate if you do - I am so pleased to have found this sight and met all you great peoples. Beth :)

Back