• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ow long between referral to surgery

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
hello ladies,

i was just wondering (i know its different for everyone :))
how long u had to wait for your surgery after your doctor sent the referral for you to possible have it.

thank u all xxxx :rolleyes:

Well my Dr sent my referral and luckily for me i got a appt within a couple of weeks for my first appt, am going back early December for a second appt and from what i can gather at this appt i'll get another appt then a date for surgery. Walsall Manor Hospital said to me approximately 6 months, but everyone is definitely different.

Wait for an experienced person (meant in the best possible way folks) to come by and let you know. I've only been here for a short while....

Fingers crossed for you xx

20 months! But I had to do a year of weight management which isn't the same in all areas. It depends on your PCT, so unless someone else has been through Oldham, their answers don't mean all that much for you ;)

A year, but mainly due to the fact my original surgeon left:rolleyes: and I had to wait for another one to take me on;)
Well worth the wait though:D:D

Last edited:
referred in October last year. got first appointment tomorrow:rolleyes: Id still be waiting for an appointment if my PCT hadnt change the system slightly. they wanted to get rid of the backlog and just agreed funding for all waiting apparently...:eek: have 18 weeks from date the hospital received my referral which means I should have had surgery by 19th October. So in all its took a year, thats if he says tomorrow I can have surgery lol, thats the bit im worried about now.

The waits a pain BUT you can gather tons of info from here to take as ammo and you are better informed.:D

Good luck and fingers crossed for a not so long wait

I think its very different from pct to pct as some pct`s make u jump through so many hoops before you actually get to see the consultant.
My pct asked for bloods done first then asked for me to see an endocrinologist, the first app i got was september and i was referred in june but then the endocrinologist and consultant both agreed with out seeing me that an endocrinologist app was not necessary and surgery was def the right option for me and now i have my first app for the group info meeting next week.
You could ring up your pct and ask them what their procedure is and also ask them what their criteria is.
You can also look on the Bospa website and they have a list of most of the different pct`s in the country and also what their criteria is concerning funding.

http://www.bospa.org/Default.aspx

I'm with Walsall Manor and BENPCT and the whole journey is taking 9 months from 1st appointment to op. Zxx

I think i have been very lucky and very fortunate as i went to see my GP beginning of April, had my first appointment Beginning of June and have my Operation end of September. I feel so guilty when i read what people have had to do to get their surgery and i have just sailed through it. Good luck to you hopin4surgery X

referred in October last year. got first appointment tomorrow:rolleyes: Id still be waiting for an appointment if my PCT hadnt change the system slightly. they wanted to get rid of the backlog and just agreed funding for all waiting apparently...:eek: have 18 weeks from date the hospital received my referral which means I should have had surgery by 19th October. So in all its took a year, thats if he says tomorrow I can have surgery lol, thats the bit im worried about now.

The waits a pain BUT you can gather tons of info from here to take as ammo and you are better informed.:D

Good luck and fingers crossed for a not so long wait

I wish you all the luck in the world for tomorrow Elffie X

mine was quite quick too, saw the doctor just before Xmas last year, saw a dietician in January this year, saw the Surgeon in June and surgery is in 27 days :eek: ....so 9 months in total

thanks Claire, Im having an early night, shutting myself in my bedroom and making sure I have all the questions down.
My appointment is late afternoon so ill have allllllllll day to try and keep my mind occupied lol :rolleyes:

thanks Claire, Im having an early night, shutting myself in my bedroom and making sure I have all the questions down.
My appointment is late afternoon so ill have allllllllll day to try and keep my mind occupied lol :rolleyes:

best of luck with tomorrow, you'll be fine tho, the dietician is his wife, she's lovely too, you'll be in very good hands ;)

best of luck with tomorrow, you'll be fine tho, the dietician is his wife, she's lovely too, you'll be in very good hands ;)

thanks though Ive got to keep my mind occupied as Im getting the notion that he will say no go away silly woman lol or 'computer says no'....:eek:

you'll be tickedy boo :D

Hi There

This is a question that I wondered myself before...I have worked out that going by the people here in Mini's it's an average of between 6 months to a year...

A few are very lucky and get it sooner...or a few are extremely unlucky and have to wait what seems like forever.

(((hugs)))

Back