• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how long did u wait for surgery?

Hello, welcome to minimins. The 1st time my GP referred me in July and got the appointment for august. on the day of the app i had flu so i called the surgeon and heard that she was not the right surgeon for the wls. then i had to chase my GP again for the right referral and got it few days ago. I'm in London and my 1st appointment is on 7th Oct 09 with Dr Simon Coppack. Not sure about the funding in my area but heard it might be automatic. I'm also seeing a dietitian from last 5 months and have PCOS. Also just have type 2 diabetes. I hope we all will get our wls done sooner than we think.

Farzu xxx

For me it was like a roller coaster ride. It was about 7 months from start to finish but that was from going to my doctors with a sore throat in October last year and mentioning I wanted to do something about my weight!

I feel I was extremely lucky!

I went to see my GP about WLS beginning of April, recieved funding end of April, ad 1st appointment 1st June, Pre Op 24th August and i have my operation 29th September, so not long for me at all. x

wow that was quick. all the best for the op hun.

A lot also depends on your BMI and PCT/hospital. At the hospital I am at, if your BMI is over 50 at referral then you are immediately sent to the surgeon. If the BMI is between 35-49, then you have to do a weight management clinic for upwards of a year and then will be referred to the surgeon.

Thank you for your replies it's helped in so much as next time I see the consultant, after reading all the posts, I will feel in a better position to ask more questions this time. I know my BMI is about 48, I also have diabetes, sleep apnea and high b/p, I could go on but it will get boring hehe. Ah well I will just have to wait and see what October brings. It looks like what Fashionably Late has said is possibly true for me. Thanks again for your replies you are all helping me to keep motivated

Take care Beth :)

i havent been on here for years .surgery is booked for nov 17th .amazing to c ur progress .im at kings .well done to u xx

Hi i am just starting out too could we keep in touch ? I'm jenny from middlesex and im 400 lbs and 35 years old!!!

this is me 5 years on same weight its amazing and surreal

Back