• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long did u wait post bypass till u !!

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all was just wondering how long u waited post bypass to do normal housework.
I was told i have to wait 8 weeks till i can hoover and carry any bags. I am a bit of a household tidy freak and having to depend on my 17 yr old son who cant even keep his room tidy to do things for me like hoovering and washing the floor and putting out wet washing is doing my head in.
Cant manage to carry on sweeping my floors (got no carpet) as i have 2 gorgeous dogs who bring lots of mess into my lounge from my back garden and shed so much hair i usually hoover my floor 3 times a day and so far i am 17 days post op and not lifted the hoover once.
I know ur told not 2 do certain things but honestly how long did u really wait till u managed all ur housework post op.

What's housework? :p

Actually, I was just looking at the living room floor and thinking 'could I manage the hoover' - the answer is definitely no. I know you have problems with your back, like me and would say don't do it yet.

At present I'm keeping it to cooking for husband and myself (not much involved in mine!), loading and unloading the dishwasher, loading the washing machine - but I've stopped taking the wet washing out as it was twinging my back. I do take the washing out of the tumbler dryer and hang it up. Apart from that it's just a matter of tidying. Everything else can wait for now. xx

My husband has been home since my surgery so so far I havn't needed to do anything. I am also 17 days post op. My surgery was open so I was told no lifting, driving etc for at least 4 weeks or until I feel comfortable. I feel so frustrated as although not a tidy freak I do like the house and children to be at least respectable! Hubby goes back to work next week althought will still do the school run.
xxxxxxxxxxxx

might be worth factoring in the cost of a cleaner and dog walker post op then. I live alone so wouldn't be able to manage any of it. Mind you, I barely do housework anyway. My friend cross stitched me a picture with ''A tidy house is a sign of a wasted life'' on it, which has pride of place on my wall.

I just pottered around doing bits of everything. If it hurt, I stopped & tried again another time. Just listen to your body & don't over do it

i went to my mums for a week after op to recuperate but when i came home i pottered about and did bits and pieces including hoovering, tho i have to say i didnt have the back problem you have, anyway if i felt tired i would stop. As Gail says listen to your body i don't think it can hurt to do a bit, just stop if you feel its getting too much. Is there noone who can give you a hand ie. family members or friends :D

As i was signed fit to drive after 10 days i was fit to do everything else. I went swimming 11 days post op but like others have said its about listening to yr body.

Hi guys and ty for all ur posts. I feel really good yes i still have the back pain but even with that pre op i did all my housework every day on my own.
Yesterday a neighbour came in and i felt bad as my floor needed washing and dogs had just jumped all over the leather sofa so had paw prints on the sofa and was just bout to baby wipe them clean b4 the door knocked, and me being me said" sorry bout the house being a mess" and she said " dont worry it looks lived in" well after she went, bypass or no bypass i hoovered and washed the floor, i have always been very house proud and did not like the lived in comment lol.

I was just worried about the poss of causing myself a hernia as was told if i carry anything heavy this will happen and this was bags of shopping and hovering, but tbh i cant wait to go shopping just when Aaron is at home, and if i do an online shop which i dont really like still i have to lift the bags, so have decided to just half fill the bags and only bring in from my car the fridge stuff and the rest i will leave in the boot till Aaron comes in.

I am 18 days post op and apart from one wound that is being a b**ch ad wont heal and have to go back today to the nurse for the 3rd time i am feeling really good, and enjoying the compliments i am getting, lots of people have noticed my face is so much slimmer and my belly and boobs lol, and 2 days ago in Tesco i got a lot of attention from a really good looking guy but am not ready to go down that path yet, maybe in a few months time i will think bout start going out and about and see what talent is on the market and break my 8 yr itch, yes i have been totally man free for 8 yrs !!

Hi Roch
I was hoovering within a week and carrying my hoover upstairs without any ill effects. I did'nt walk the dogs for about three weeks as mine as you know are very lively and usually take me for a walk lol! I was driving after 2 weeks as recommended by my surgeon and cleared with my insurance company! Just take it easy i found my body told me when i had done too much, not that i had pain but judt got very tired. xx

Roch thats not an itch....its a whole outbreak of fleas lol....eight years? You will be like a dog with 2 tails when you get out amongst the men :rotflmao: x

he roch at leat it wasnt as bad as me 20 yrs!!!! But hey what fun im having now!!!!
Glad yr at the opposite end of the country though i couldnt cope with the compatition you are going to pose!!!!
x

Hi Roch
I was hoovering within a week and carrying my hoover upstairs without any ill effects. I did'nt walk the dogs for about three weeks as mine as you know are very lively and usually take me for a walk lol! I was driving after 2 weeks as recommended by my surgeon and cleared with my insurance company! Just take it easy i found my body told me when i had done too much, not that i had pain but judt got very tired. xx

Thanks Allie, ur doing so well ur a true inspiration to me, and u have been there by my side through my journey through the ups and downs, def more downs than ups lol and i cant thank u enough hun.
Take care chat soon am sure :):) and have a fab weekend xxx

Roch thats not an itch....its a whole outbreak of fleas lol....eight years? You will be like a dog with 2 tails when you get out amongst the men :rotflmao: x

Hi Jacqui lol it could well be:) tbh i think i might date a bit in a few months time but when i see loads of loose skin then thats me miss virgin again till i have got to goal and had all my plastics done as no way would i feel comfortable being say a size 10 with another extra body of just loose skin added so i prefer to stay single till i feel happy with the way i look, another 3 yrs wont make a diff i think :D:D:D xx

he roch at leat it wasnt as bad as me 20 yrs!!!! But hey what fun im having now!!!!
Glad yr at the opposite end of the country though i couldnt cope with the compatition you are going to pose!!!!
x

OMG 20 yrs gosh :eek::eek::eek: I think ur confusing me with someone else Carol :p:p:p i def would not be competition for anybody lol never have been and def wont be in the future.
Just got to say girl u look fab u r an inspiration and i just hope that i am as stressful as u, but at the mo i am finding it hard to believe things will change as i am struggling so much with this stall xx

Ahh Roch yr beautiful as you are anyway but believe me you will get there hun. As for the loose skin i honestly really struggle with it but my recent relationship with keith has taught me that it really is the inner beauty that counts. He never once negativly commented on it in fact he use to say how soft my arms felt and it certainly didnt seem to put him off!!!!
I have just met some one else and have been very upfront about my surgery and the effects of my skin on me. we went out for a meal the other night and i had a dress on that came just above my knee as with tights on my legs look fine and a elbow length jacket when i opend the door when he picked me up he just said wow you look fab.
we had a kiss and a cuddle later and again i think being with the right person makes all the diffrence as if they like you for you it doesnt matter to them, but as long as they are sensitive to yr feelings about it it makes such a diffrence.
you will get through this stall just try and remain positive.
carole

Get that young man of yours to do a bit of hoovering Roch! I'm sure he does a lot already but it won't hurt every now and again and it will ease your mind a little too. I'm already worrying about housework too. I hate mess and while my boyfriend is great at cleaning he has a habit of making little piles of 'stuff' wherever he goes. I usually manage to keep it confined to one place (affectionately known as 'the grot spot') but without me moving everything there goodness knows what will happen! LOL

Back