• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how long did you have to wait for surgery?

lyndajoan

hi i have been reading all your posts catching up on things.
also i have been reading up on some of the older post.

one thing i come across on peopls profiles is the different time scales people have to go through while waiting for their surgerythis is while applying for funding on the n.h.s.

i my self have come as far as getting a letter off spire regency hospital saying they have recived my letter and i have to phone them on mon 28.11.11
to descuss this.
i have waited up till now 1year 2months for this.

how long have you had to wait from going your doctors asking for a referral till haveing bariatric surgery.???

Lynda, I waited about same as you. My first appointment with weight management was 13th Sept 2010. Finally things are moving!:)

Won't be long now, once Spire have got your stuff its fairly quick, apparantley.:D:flowers:

ihave been reading some of the older post looking up the dates people joined here to the date they finally got their surgery and o.m.g. some people had to wait 3 t 4 years for there opp then some 1 month as dj dave has said,
how unfair is that i hope i do not have to wait so long after my phone call on monday,
and i really do hope all who are waiting for their turn it will be very soon for you to. xxxxxx

I went private and the whole process was three weeks from ringing for consultation to operation.

waiting for surgery

1 month or less

I went private and the whole process was three weeks from ringing for consultation to operation.

wow that is also fast but i think with the n.h.s you have to see a dietition, and also see a phyc to see you stability for surgery, then they have to wright a report after seeinging them for 6 months,
then the local pct have to meet to decide funding, so the prosess takes a bit longer.

i myself am really glad i had the option to both the dietition and the cognetive behaviour therapist as i feel prepard for surgery and the challanges i will have to face.

Fair enough I also have access to dietician and cbt I have seen the dietician once now

I was offered surgery in May 2010 but I said no as thought it was to risky and I could do it myself.
after a while I realized it wasn't as risky as staying this size and I knew I could never have children as I am so i went to my GP at the beginning of the year he said no my BMI was too low (It was 61) Then my hubby saw a different GP on 6th June and I had a funding letter on the 18th June. First op was due to be the 15th November so from GP to op should have been 5 months if my iron hadn't have been so low. Fingers crossed its ok tomorrow. If it is it will be 6 months and 10 days from GP to op.

I'm still on the road hopin for surgery been at it since oct 2009 had do slimming Wrd 6 mths as that one was the best results for me then orlistat 6mths didn't work really then weight management for 12 mths ;) and I'm glad to say I'm at the end I've had my funding forms filled in its just wait n pray for a yes now lol x. Good luck on ur journey Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

ive been at it since may 2010 still making my way along the winding road start a 6 week intensive course on thursday in preperation for surgery at my local hospital run by the bariatric team so hopefully not much longer

Hi , i went to see Gp in oct 2010 , went on weight managment program march 2011 till July2011 , got funding on 21st oct 2011 , went to spire murryfield on 3rd nov 2011 for Pre-assessment , just waiting to have sleep apena test ,on 12 dec , and surgeon said will have surgery by the end of Jan 2012.

Back