• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how long did you wait for surgery???

It was seven months from start to finish for me.

Hi I waited 15/16 months But my friend waited 4 weeks at same hosp (my hosp) 2 years ago .

All the best - MeJulie x x

OMG the time difference is huge between PCT's. should we all who are waiting for so long move to places where waiting time is short lol...:p

My word I am totally amazed at how fast it is in some places!.........and I have to admit, a teeny bit jealous too.

OMG the time difference is huge between PCT's. should we all who are waiting for so long move to places where waiting time is short lol...:p

That would just make it longer elsewhere though. The demand ismuch greater everywhere even compared to when I was referred, with the mess up with my sleep study referral it added over 6 months because of the demand increase and lost referral.
Some people have the op quicker because they need fewer tests or they are urgent cases.
Its difficult waiting though.

Hi Farzu, your post raises some interesting points re the waiting lists, etc. I recently was delayed over the 18 weeks referal period into 18 - 26wks! They have given me a provisional date of Sept 17th, 3 days before the end of the 26th week!! We will see what happens!
Re your sleep problem, I was told at one of my earlier hospital checks that I would have to go through tests as my sleep problem was severe. That was over 12 months ago, heard nothing since! A few months ago I went onto the sleep official web site and filled out a questionaire, again it was apparent I had problems. They said they would be in touch, nothing. Nobody seems keen to help me with this one, it is bad enough waiting for the Bypass date without my sleep problems as well!! Anyway, hope you are ok and getting sorted now, take care - Paul x

That would just make it longer elsewhere though. The demand ismuch greater everywhere even compared to when I was referred, with the mess up with my sleep study referral it added over 6 months because of the demand increase and lost referral.
Some people have the op quicker because they need fewer tests or they are urgent cases.
Its difficult waiting though.

I also had problem with my sleep study referral. there was the same problem of lost referral and i also had to wait for around 3/4 months for that.

Hi Farzu, your post raises some interesting points re the waiting lists, etc. I recently was delayed over the 18 weeks referal period into 18 - 26wks! They have given me a provisional date of Sept 17th, 3 days before the end of the 26th week!! We will see what happens!
Re your sleep problem, I was told at one of my earlier hospital checks that I would have to go through tests as my sleep problem was severe. That was over 12 months ago, heard nothing since! A few months ago I went onto the sleep official web site and filled out a questionaire, again it was apparent I had problems. They said they would be in touch, nothing. Nobody seems keen to help me with this one, it is bad enough waiting for the Bypass date without my sleep problems as well!! Anyway, hope you are ok and getting sorted now, take care - Paul x

Paul, keep on asking tham aboout the sleep test as they lose the referral most of the times. I started calling them after waiting for 2 months and then they said they didn't get any referral. I had to call my Dr's secretary to FAX the referral again. Then got my appointment after 2 months. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea, and the Dr told me i have to wait for 10 weeks to get the CPAP machine but that was fairly quick as i got my machine after 3 weeks. Keep on calling as after using the machine i never get up at night and no snoring at all. Before i used to get up 37 times per hour. I hope all gets sorted for you soon xx

Hi Farzu, who do you actually recommend phoning? The consultant's Sec at S'land Hospital or the official web site?
Cheers, Paul xx

Hi Farzu, who do you actually recommend phoning? The consultant's Sec at S'land Hospital or the official web site?
Cheers, Paul xx

Do you know the Dr's name whom you were referred to? If you do then call his secretary to find out if thay got any ref letters from the consultant who ref you. If they have the letter then ask for a date and if thay tells you that they didn't recieve any ref letters then call the consultants secretary and tell her that and ask her to FAX the letter immidiately. I did exactly the same. Its a long process as you have to wait for an appointment with the Dr first and then he will ask you to do the test, you have to wait for the result and then see the doctor again, then he will ask u to pick up the machine but then also u have to wait for 3/4 weeks for the machine. if you don't know the dr's name find it your by calling the consultant's secretary.

Refered Aug 2009
First App Oct 2009
Sleep Test Nov 2009
Consultant December 2009
Op January 2010
NHS Blackpool

Refered Aug 2009
First App Oct 2009
Sleep Test Nov 2009
Consultant December 2009
Op January 2010
NHS Blackpool

Your one also was quite quick. i think the waiting list is too high in London. NHS should think of transferring patients to other PCTs where the waiting list is not high.

I was funded by NHS Blackpool, but they pay for private hospital u can choose 1 of 3 which are in manchester, Stockport or Liverpool. So as soon as the money was allocated i was able to choose.

I couldn't wait longer. i had to do something, so i chose to join Gym again. I joined Virgin Active. thay have some nice thinks over there lol and the river view in canary wharf was awesome.

Back