• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how long did you wait for surgery???

farzu

Hello everyone,
I was wondering how different PCT's have different waiting times. can you all please tell How long have you been waiting for or had to wait for the surgery and the name of your PCT/hospital please. also do you think that your PCT had good or poor service?

Hi, i dont think there is a pct here at boston, lincolnshire because i had my 1st apointment at derby hospital on the 13th of july and the surgeon said i get funding automatically so i dont have to apply for funding and he said the waiting list is about 6 months at derby hospital. but i think it depends on your surgeon if he/she puts you on the list straight away. Mr Ahmed (my surgeon) has asked me to up my excercise daily and go back and see him in 3 months then he will put me on the list, some people are asked to do a weight management program 1st b4 they are put on the list too. im new to all of this myself this is just what i have gathered from this site.... im sure someone whos more in the know will be along shortly go give you more info. good luck with your journey xxx

Thanks Keeley,
i was in Derby for last 7 months for my education and just got back from there last week. I wish i could just tranfer all my GP and hospital to derby but i don't know how to. I really liked derby.I stayed in student residence and applied for jobs there. I will move permanantly if i get a good job. do u think its a good hospital?

I am under Northamptonshire PCT.
First went to my GP last august and had my surgery in May at Birmingham Heartlands.
Was told the waiting time for surgery was 18 weeks once you get on the list but is was more like 23/24 weeks x

well i have only been the once and yes it seemed very up to date and alot cleaner than some. the staff was very friendly! did have some problems in the begining with them saying they hadnt recieved any correspondence regarding me then saying id been discharged for refusing treatment when i hadnt but mistakes happen. i wrote them a letter explaining and they soon put it right so yeah it seems a very good hospital. you can transfer hospitals just ask your gp but i believe it takes a while to transfer everything over, my gp was going to transfer me from pilgrim at boston up to louth but because i needed regular lumber punctures at the time she didnt think it was safe as i wouldnt be able to have one till it was all transfered and sorted so im still at pilgrim. as for derby i met one of the dieticians called lindsey and she was really nice and helpful and understanding and didnt judge me and i met the aneathatist and the surgeon and they both explained how it all works and whats best and i was realli happy. i was a little dissapointed that i have to wait aprox 9 months because the longer i wait the more chance i have of going blind but from what i have read on here thats little time to what others have had to wait so i suppose ive got to wait my turn. are you not having WLS then?

yes i'll have the surgery and been waiting for 1 and half years now. i'm thinking of going private as i am done with waiting for so long. i hope everything goes well for you. i've been to the derby hospital and you are right its way more cleaner then other hospitals and have nice place to just sit outside.

I think start to finish it was approx 8 mths.....

I waited for 2 years (duff gp practice!!) - got fed up and my wonderful husband gave me the money for my birthday last year.

Hi Farzu I'm under North Yorkshire PCT. Began the process in February last year, get m surgery this August. (in Sunderland) so slower than some and faster than others.......

but I really believe i will be worth the wait.

Hope you get sorted soon Farzu.

Charis xxx

11 months for me!

6 months in total for me but even I thought that was ultra fast...now demand has increased it's almost 18 months :(

I waited for 2 years (duff gp practice!!) - got fed up and my wonderful husband gave me the money for my birthday last year.

LOL i'm also fedup of waiting and thinking for a way to ask my hubby ;) my Bday is in Feb and i don't want to wait that long. If my hubby don't give me money then i'll ask my dad :p

dont be too hasty - you have been waiting a long time, you will pay to have it done then theyl send you a date! sods law isnt it, just hang in there luv, your time will come, y dont you see a different doctor in your practise if your not happy with your usuall doctor? and ask to be tested for sleep apneo because the doctor i see for sleep apneo says 90% of population have it but it is isnt diagnosed, if you do have it that will help you on your wls journey. hang in there! like they say "good things come to those who wait." xxxx

dont be too hasty - you have been waiting a long time, you will pay to have it done then theyl send you a date! sods law isnt it, just hang in there luv, your time will come, y dont you see a different doctor in your practise if your not happy with your usuall doctor? and ask to be tested for sleep apneo because the doctor i see for sleep apneo says 90% of population have it but it is isnt diagnosed, if you do have it that will help you on your wls journey. hang in there! like they say "good things come to those who wait." xxxx

Dr Coppack refered me for sleep test and i have got sleep apnea. i have been using a CPAP machine for last 1 month. Its a long process and i was very calm but from last few days i'm feeling miserable as everyone i know is getting pregnant lol. Do u know if its possible to change Dr coppack in the hospital? I heard that he is the obesity physician and refers patients to Dr Mannur in the homerton after he complets all the tests. I just wrote a big letter to Dr Mannur explaining my condition lol.

Back