• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long is a piece of string?

lol. I walked into our lounge today and my hubby has put his world cup wall chart up in THERE! I couldnt believe it.
I am a world cup widow now......... lol

OMG, you've just reminded me...more football, I'll be a WCW too!!! Thank goodness I won't miss the TV....I really don't mind him watching it, it's the screaming & swearing during the match, then the sulking if the team he supports loses!

As you say, everyone's journey is different, as some of you already know, my journey has taken four years!! Was turned down for funding twice, finally got my funding approved in January this year, and having surgery July 12th xxxxx

Bloody Nora Jan, you deffo get the award for the most patient patient lol....I feel better about my wait when I see how long you waited......but only till I see someone getting it done quickly then like Angie I have a major sulk lol.....I have been known on occasions to stamp my foot :D x

two years in july, approved ,but waiting for my date!

Bloody Nora Jan, you deffo get the award for the most patient patient lol....I feel better about my wait when I see how long you waited......but only till I see someone getting it done quickly then like Angie I have a major sulk lol.....I have been known on occasions to stamp my foot :D x

Yup, our lovely Jan definitely gets the award for longest wait that I'm aware of (plus another award for being very patient & persistent...nearly there now Jan!:D). I actually thought there was a minimum time wait until I got on here...well, what do I know, b*gger all apparently! I'm really pleased for everyone who gets their surgery but I'm also madly jealous!!!! :jelous: I don't want to drag around this fat sorry excuse for a carcass any longer than I have to!

Although I didnt have to wait long (12 weeks in total) The Blackpool PCT have changed the BMI now since I had my surgery, going from a 40 Bmi to 50 Bmi.:eek:

Bloody hell i think this is awful it will force people to put on more weight to get the operation or go into a lot of debt. We are all desperate, or wouldn't be doing this. I think my BMI is 49. All PCT's will probably change to these guidelines in the future i think its a shame. After all its an illness xxx

I was told today that the waiting list in york is around 5 months plus another 3-4 months for the pre op tests. He said to expect around 10months in total. I was very pleasantly surprised. :)

Yorkiegal. That sound reasonable doesnt it?

Have you already got your funding?

Big n B.

you really have waited a long time. do you mind if I ask why?
x

good grief Jan,
you must have the patience of a saint. At least you NOW have your date.
Wishing you all the best for your op and weight loss. You really deserve to do well.
x

Back