• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How Long to wait?

Lola K

Hi everyone. I want a Bypass and I had my first appointment at Charing Cross Hospital, Fulham last Friday (NHS). It was a group session, and I had blood tests and an ECG. I just wanted to know how long it took from your very first hospital appointment to the actual operation?? (NHS obviously):) thanks guys.... you're all doing so well.... I really don't want to wait any longer for the new me!!!:jelous::):eek: <3 <3

Thanks for the reply.... OMG, I hope it doesn't take that long! hahahaha.... my brother just had a bypass at Chelsea & Westminster and it took him 8 months from 1st appointment..... I have my 2nd appointment booked for 3 weeks, so I was hoping it would sail along... I have funding already?? hahaha.... I live in Rainham, nr Sittingbourne xxxx

do they do a sleep study for everyone?? I don't have sleep apnea... although I snore... but don't have any breathing problems??

You should be quicker than mine I lost about 6 months with my lost sleep study referral and having to wait longer for the results as mine was the more complicated study. I know that a few people here were about the same time as me for being first seen and they were done around January.

Ah further north than me x

Oooo p.s.... well done getting your date, I bet your sooooo excited!!! ;-)) xxx

Yes, I know the pre-op diet is harsh :'-(

Are you in Folkstone or hythe?? they are more southern than Rainham aren't they?? ;-) xxx

keep it up hun, it will so be worth it..... just think of the op... it will give you butterflies and you wont want to eat! lol... I wonder I wonder if anyone on here has some tips for you? six weeks is a long time to do the pre op diet.... well done xxxxxxx

Lola, i live in sittingbourne, i am also under charring cross. i had my group meeting september last year should of had my op 20th july , but i had a few probs looks like maybe oct now. But i do know people that have had their op with in 3 months of their group meeting. A s we live so close like 5 mins in a car perhaps you would like to meet up sometime x

i did my pre-op for 6 weeks the first time too .............and i also have sleep apneoa had no idea but i stop breathing up to 70 times a hour apparently x

Yes, that would be great! - would like to meet up with you x

I had my group session 1st appointment last Friday - they said would be 3 months until next appointment, so I rang on Monday and they told me my 2nd appointment is in 3 weeks! - so I was over the moon, thinking I may be sailing though thr process?? - I have had funding in place since April, and have been attending a lifestyle change clinic since February - have lost almost 3 stone and been on olistat. I also have type 2 diabetes and take metformin.... so I was hoping this may have given me a bit of an edge to move forward a bit quicker.... suppose I will have to wait 3 weeks till my next appointment and ask then?? - I was just excited that they told me 3 months, then I get appointment 3weeks!!! - 3 months until surgery would be fab!!! - I wont hold my breath though!!! ;-)) xxxx

yes all my appointments were quick to start hun but i wish you luck my prob now is a wait for high dependency bed as i have a few health probs x

tracey, if you fancy a chat or to meet, Facebook me

Ellen Whyton xx

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am also with Charing Cross. First appointment was on May 7th (group session, bloods, ECG) and my next appointment is on August 27! Took ages!! I haven't got diabetes and I don't think I have sleep apnea and I don't have any other health concerns that I'm aware of. The wait is difficult! I hope to get a date this year still but I'm unsure how realistic that is.

Good luck all!

mine wasn't a cancellation - it was already booked when I rang! - I think it maybe that I have been attending a lifestyle change clinic since February - been on orlistat losing weight, have diabetes and also already have funding in place.... I am ever the optimist!!! - first appointment 13 Aug, next appointment 10 Sept.... actual surgery, 26 November.... hahahahaha...... now lets see eh??

Back