• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How Long to wait?

blueeyes, will you let me know how you get on in your 2nd appointment on 27th August?? - I would like to know what it will be all about xxx Thanks

Ellen x

Hi Lola i live in Kent i am awaiting funding and should hear any day !!!

good luck Poo Bear.... im sure you'll get it ;-) x what are you hoping to have done??? x

Hi Ellen,

yes I will let you know. No problem. Quite excited I am ... and a bit anxious. I just need this to happen now! The wait is very very upsetting for me.

Ive been to my appointment with the phyisician and the psychatrist - that was 10th September. They said that everything was normal - my diabetes was under control, and I should have no problems getting surgery agreed at the weekly meeting. The phyisician said surgery should be 3 to 6 months.... however, diabetics tended to be sooner rather than later.... I now have an appointment with surgeon Dr Ahmed on 12 November..... so I am still hopeful that it could be before Christmas..... just wondered if anyone else has been to Charing Cross... and how long they waited for surgery after they saw the surgeon??? thanks guys xxx

Mine was three weeks after I saw Mr Ahmed at Charing Cross xx

Oh, so I may get one more christmas dinner in then!! hahahah.... I will just wait and see. I just hope Im not on pre-op over christmas.... I am fine after the surgery not to be eating.... but over christmas to do the pre-op diet is going to be really, really difficult! ;-(

WOW THREE WEEKS???? - I hope so!!!!!!! ;-)

hehehe.... I would gladly suffer a small dinner, just to know I was going to have the op.... thanks for all your replies guys... its all very nerve wracking trying to put a time line on everything... and as we know, with NHS, this doesn't always go to plan! ;-)
But fingers crossed I can start 2011 a brand new me! ;-) xxxx

Back