• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long until you got engaged................

Met my wife in July. We got engaged on my birthday in the November and were married the following March. That was 32 years ago and we are still together. She is my rock.

I recently got engaged after 6 years with my OH - not getting married until 2013 - we love each other just the same so no need to rush things - it took us 5 years to move in together! :) xx

I got engaged after 3 months with my other half. We got married almost 2 years after we first got together.

My Hubby proposed in the beginning of may and we got married in the June 6 weeks later....we had been together 5 years at that point and still together now :) He is not just my hubby , he is my friend/soul mate & drinking buddy.......We do everything together. xx

Started going out in June 1982, he proposed new years eve 1982, got engaged officially Feb 1983, married march 24th 1984. Now been married 27yrs and 4mths.

Got engaged after 9 months together, married after 4 and a half years together and have now been married 10 years in october x

This is a lovely thread!!! My Hubby and I were in the same class at school since primary one. Went to the same Grammar school and fancied each other for years. Started dating when we were 16. Got engaged on my 20th birthday - I didn't see it coming. He just dropped on one knee and produced a gorgeous ring that I would've chosen myself - he'd secretly got two jobs whilst at Uni to pay for it. Got married at 22 - we had both got jobs and had been dating for 7yrs by then - didn't live together until we were married (both sets of parents would've frowned upon that). Anyway, together now for 24yrs, married for nearly 17. Really do love him more each day. I'm a lucky duck! Xo

Engaged after 3 years, married last September after 4 years; never been happier. Both had previous long relationships of 16 years, but had neither married so made it so special. My eldest son who is 15 gave me away, my youngest son who is 13 was the 'ring bearer' and my husband's two daughters were bridesmaids; it was just perfect :-D

Engaged after 2 years, married 2 years later. Married for nearly 12 years now and would not change anything about him. He is my best friend and the other half of me (the best half) :D x

Grew up just 1 mile from my fella but never knew him. He actually went to the same High School as my sister. Met him in the Lakes - he was with one group of friends and we were with the other - spent weekend admiring from afar! He was very very shy and never had a girlfriend! Took him 7 months to ask me out after way too much flirting on my part! Engaged 10 months later on his 22nd birthday and married exactly two years after that on his 24th birthday (that way i get a pressie on his birthday too). Have been married 21 years this September and still feel like I am on honeymoon - consider myself a lucky "young" lady who met and married her best friend - and still get butterflies when he is due home xx (feel free to grab the sick bucket now!). My kids are also so lucky to have a daddy who always puts them first and though he works very very long hours, spends every spare minute he has with them xx

Met hubbie on 27th Dec got engaged at easter and got married 18th Sept 25 years ago, apart from a small blip a couple of years ago we are simply happy to be with each other and look forward to spending time away from work etc with each other:love:

We've been together about 3 years now and have been living together for 2 of those years. Not engaged or married and never likely to be either....not by my choice.

H x

1st time round - engaged for 6 months, then married following April.....13 years later we met in the divorce court and went our separate ways.

This time my o/h and me have lived together 25 years....just to see if we could get on, now we have, we got engaged last New Years eve - and get married next New Year!

we met at 14 ,, and he gave me an engagment ring that cost £16 when we were 16,haha,which i still wear ,although he did replace it ,,,and we married at 18,and next year is our 30th anniversary,,,,,,,feel just the same now as we did then, we feel we are 2 halves of the same person, ,we are very lucky to have found eachother,x

That is so lovely Starr. Happy for you!

we met at 14 ,, and he gave me an engagment ring that cost £16 when we were 16,haha,which i still wear ,although he did replace it ,,,and we married at 18,and next year is our 30th anniversary,,,,,,,feel just the same now as we did then, we feel we are 2 halves of the same person, ,we are very lucky to have found eachother,x

We met when I was 12 years six months old and six years later we got engaged. That was 31 years ago LOL. However I promise we will get married this year

Hi ... Interesting thread ... Ive been with my man since i was at school , we are not engaged, i can only see us getting married if we were drunk in vegas! i couldnt imagine a big wedding , the thought of all that gives me shivvers! and my man feels the same ....... but blooming good luck to all those that are brave enough ! xx

Back