• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long until you got engaged................

Ankaas

Met Peter when I was just turned 18, went out for a year, engaged a year and a half married at 21 - told him he wouldn't see our 11th year - married 30 years on 7 July - how did that happen ?

Tinkerbellx

First one engaged in the on my 18th birthday married the following September divorced and had my daughter within 14 months.

2nd one lived together for three years married for 14 been divorced for 3 Nearly four years.

Never going back down the isle again better take that back gotta walk my daughter down it next September .... Wish everyone all the best in their partnerships and marriage but this fairy is staying single .... What does a woman need a man for he he he xxx

penguina

Spoke on CB Radio for a while before meeting in October. Engaged following June, and Married year after that.

Just come back from Celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary this week. Ahhhh!

starr

very happy post opper
I forgot how much we all loved or hated cb radio back in the day! lol X HAPPY 25TH X

penguina

Thanks for the kind wishes. I can never dish CB as it was good to me!! "Captain Kirk married Cherryade". :love047:
Back in April, I thought my op was bound to fall on our anniversary (sods law) but it should be exactly one month after.

So hopefully hubby gets a new wife for the next 25 years. Just wondering what I get? Maybe a George Clooney Transplant..!

10:10 till we do it again! :8855:

starr

very happy post opper
haha ,as long as they dont turn into victor meldrew eh! lol, wouldnt change mine for love nor money,sure your the same ,,x

JED

we met and married after 3 years had 3 kids married for 19yrs then out of the blue she wanted a divorce to say it destroyed my world is a serious understatment ive never recovered from it nearly 4yrs down the line and still on my own and still wondering wtf happened

penguina

Poor you Jed - you never know what is around the corner :-(

starr

very happy post opper
thats so hard love ,i really feel for you jed , thats a long time , my eldest son just divorced and thats 3years since they split and his the same ,just cant trust anyone, i hate seeing him hurting and just hope someone special comes along and gives him and you the love you both deserve,loves not meant to hurt,x

janie32

first time around We were engaged within 6 months, married 10 years....and out of that 10 years lived ogether for les than a year, seperated, back together for a year 4 years later, sepreated and am now waiting on a divorce

current partner......met her a year ago onf acebook (yes i know! An internet meeting argghh) met her in person august last year, engaged 3 months later....
should be getting "married" in two years

dolly48dd

Met him in the Oct, he asked me to marry him on our 2nd date, got engaged 14th Feb, married 24th Feb that was 17 years ago.

Louanne79

dolly48dd said:
Met him in the Oct, he asked me to marry him on our 2nd date, got engaged 14th Feb, married 24th Feb that was 17 years ago.

Aww, 14th Feb is my hubby's birthday, and 24th Feb is mine. Must be some magic in those dates ;)

shazzy2602

I got engaged on the 26th of Feb 2011, my 30th birthday, we then got married on the 31st march 2012..

We have been together just over 5 years.. I hope also many more years to come :)

Angela1310

Met my and married my husband within 20 months :)

Been married now just over 29 years.

His mother told him "over her dead body would he marry me" he replied "if necessary!"

Our introduction was by his brother and father...his brother fancied me, his father said I had legs like tree trunks! My husband couldn't resist Lol Saying that his brother hasnt spoken to us in 30 years but I get on well with his mother now. It only took my father in law to peg it tho :(

Ahhh its a good life LOL

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
Met my future hubby in February 1990 :love:
Got engaged April 1990 :candledinner:
Married August 1996 :character00250:

Together 23 years :0chacha:
Married 16 years

penelope1008

We met at school but didn't start going out until I asked him in June of 1982. He proposed New Year's Eve/day the same year formally engaged in February of 1983. Married 24th March 1984, on my patents 22nd wedding anniversary i wore my mums wedding dress & we're still together nearly 29yrs later. I was 18 in the August before we married & he was 21 in the June after we married. We now have 3 sons born in January 1990, April 1993 & March 1996.
His brother married in the June after us & divorced about 20yrs ago & has since remarried, his younger sister married 3 yrs later & is now on here 3rd husband each progressively younger than her the latest is 10yrs her junior. His mums been married 3 tome his dad twice both now widowed, my parents celebrate their 51st anniversary this march. Lets hope we're stubborn enough to be still together for our golden wedding anniversary in another 21yrs time.

BlueDiamond

I met Michael In august 1997, got engaged 17th May 2001 and got married 17th June 2001, had fab honeymoon in New York and still going strong today we are x x

mimi42

I started seeing my hubby when I was 15 we got engaged on my 17th birthday and married a month after my 21st.
22 years and two kids later were still here.