• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long until you got engaged................

we got engaged after 3months then didn't get married for another 12 years had our lovely children before

We got together in feb 03, engaged May 05, married June 06.

We've had a fair few blips, but are still together at the moment. Will we be for ever? Who knows. I'd like to think yes but I'm not going to fool myself. At the moment we are better off together, but if that changes...

We got engaged after 4 months. Were married 4 months after that. Still going strong 23 years later. :)

Last edited:
I got engaged within 8 months, and got married 7 years after that. and we still married. been together for 22 years. gosh it sounds like a life time ago x

Met my lovely wife November 1985, thankfully she accepted my proposal May 1988, married the same November and now looking forward to our Silver Wedding this year.

We met on 25th of March 2007, got engaged 7th September 2007.

Got married 31st March 2010 (and first baby was born 9th March 2011)

Me and my partner got together on the 07/07/07 I was 16 I then moved in with him and his family a year later. 2 years after that we got are own place now am 22 been with him for 6 year 3 months and we have spoken about it and both think it's the right time so just waiting on him. He joked and said it might have to be on are 7 year together since we got together on all the 7s lol and 7 seam to be are lucky number so fingers crossed x

Got together May 11th 1984 when I was 17 he was 23
Engaged a year later, was going to get married May 1987 but brought a house in June 1986 so brought the wedding forward to August 23rd 1986, poor mum organised everything in about 8 weeks.
Had our son in Nov 5th 1988 and still going strong after 27 years.

Good thread :)

I met my hubby at uni in Sept 2008; he was 20 and I was 19, We got together Sept 2009, Loved life and fell pregnant! :eek: oops! Moved in together March 2010, Had our son March 2011, Engaged Christmas day 2012 and Married September 2013 :D

Pretty eventful 5 years lol x

I met my husband in 2007. We went on a few dates, he showed me all his favourite places in london. But i never thought much of all that as i knew i will be flying back home in a few months. (I was here as an exchange student). But he had a completely different idea as it worked out. We kept in touch online. In 2007 dec 27th he flew to a strange small country he never planned to go to... Just that he could see me again (and to prove me he is serious about me). So we kept flying to visit each other every few months, spent whole 3 months (summer break) visiting him in summer 2009. Then in 2010 march he proposed during one of my visits. It took me by surprise to say the least! It changed my life and all future plans too! (think i never really believed it was serious until he proposed). I still wanted to finish my uni degree so went back home and graduated in 2010 june. He came to my graduation. And i've got a one way plane ticket and a key to his flat as my graduation gift from him! So i (the girl who said she is not going to move out of her country, planned to get masters degree and get a career in teaching back in my country) threw all my plans out of the window, packed all my previous life and memories into one suitcase and sat next to him on the plane when he was going back home. Well i was going to my new home too.. Actually a whole new life. He promised my mum he is going to take care of me, which he is!

We got married on the the 1st of may 2011.

I struggled a lot (well still am) with all the changes, lack of family and old friends, all that settling down in a new country, but i have never regreted my decision to follow my man to what seemed at the time to be the other end of the planet! :) hope i never will!

Met on a plane in April of 2009 - in June he moved from the Middle East to the States to be closer to me. I went to visit him in Texas in Sept of 2009 and never got on the return flight home. We were engaged in November of 2009 and married in May of 2010. Moved to the Middle East again in June of 2011. Still madly in love :)

Started dating December 2003, engaged June 2007 during our favourite song at a muse concert, married August 2008. Still so in love and he's my best friend in the world! :)

Met my wife at a wedding as I was the wedding singer,she was supporting a friend who was the one getting hitched.they were both from El salvador Central America she was working in the airlines(free flight tickets).i saw her & Yep love at first site.asked her to dance and the rest was history.especially when she said she came with free 1st class tickets.HP days.18yrs next month,1x 11yr old son & now I'm twice the man I used to be,as I put on 13stone.hence gastric mini bypass next week.some anniversary celebration this year-puréed fillet steak,chips & trimmings.YUMMY!

Started going out with each other at the beginning of the November, got engaged just after the Christmas and got married on the 19th May. That was 30 years ago and still very happily married. My husband may disagree as his favourite saying is "I don't want to be happy, I want to stay with you!" Cheeky monkey but I have started saying "that's OK because I don't want you to be happy either!!!" Love him to pieces and wouldn't be without him. I think I'll keep him!!

Debbie

Got divorced in 1989 after 16 years.
Went to Cornwall met hubby while working down there in Jan 91, moved in together May 91 engaged Aug 91 and married 1993.
Hes ten years younger then me, and everyone said " It wouldn't work" but we are still very happily married.

Back