• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how long will the weight loss last?

gingernutter

What were you told by your hospital concerning your weight loss period?

How long can you expect to see the weight loss?

Is there a limited window of opportunity?

samsmum

I was told the best loss happens in the first year with some in the second year too. I did a lot of research and found the window of opportunity is anything from 6 months to 2 years so I decided to follow the rules and really try to loose my excess in as short a time as possible.

phatgirl

Yep, 1st year is your 'golden period' where your easiest weight loss should happen. The first 6-9 months is considered your 'honeymoon' period where your body drops weight and your shape changes the most. After a year, your weight loss should slow down on its own and settle you at somewhere near a healthy BMI. You can continue to lose up to 2 years post-op, but most people report little or no losses after 18 months. I find that at nearly 16 months I am still losing small amounts and inches are still coming off. However, I don't weigh that frequently (2x a month maybe 3 max) and I do watch what I eat as the fear of re-gain keeps me in check!

Nic:D