• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've taken the first steps, what happens next.

tintin

I have been to my weight loss seminar tonight at North Tees, I was given a weight loss target of 5.2kg, does anyone know what I can expect to happen next and realistically how long the process takes, I'm really nervous but I really want this. I feel like this is the start of a journey to a new me

Each area is different hun. I would assume you've been given a time scale to lose that weight? You should see a dietician, psychologist and nurse and they will go through the whole process.
I think I was referred in jan and have my op on 9th sept but mine was delayed for over a month due to a bad case of shingles. Hope this helps xxx

Thanks for the reply. We were told 3 months to loose the target amount but I've read lots if things about people at North tees getting their surgery really quickly, so I'm not really sure how that works if you are given 3 months to loose weight.

Does anyone have any advice on the best ways too loose weight I feel like ive tried everything, that's why I'm in the position that I am.

Hi tin tin and welcome :)

The one consistent thing that people who've had successful WLS will tell you is that you need to get your mind and thoughts around food sorted first. Start keeping a personal food diary, note down times, your feelings around food, your portion size, how much you drink.. alcoholic and non alcoholic & what you think your triggers are. Be honest and upfront with yourself. This will help you recognise where you are going wrong with how you look at food. How you act on this is really down to you and your dietician if you have one
Feel free to ask all the questions you need tintin and good luck :)

Hi tintin

I had my seminar at north tees in July & have my next appointment with Sarah & dawn first week in September. Sarah normally rings you within a week of seminar to make sure your going ahead then sends your next ap out. Did you sign up for weight management? I have 5.8kg to lose so similar to you. We are at the same stage more a less.
Helen x

Thanks Helen, it does seem that we are at the same stage. I did not meet Sara at the seminar she is on holiday at the moment so we were told Sara would call us when she got back although we did meet Dawn. We were not offered weight management, as yes I would of signed up for it, I am happy to accept as much help as I can get. We were offered the help of a health trainer for a 12 week period and I've signed up for that.i feel really motivated right now, I'm just trying to work out what is the best way to get where I need to be.

I will let you know what happens next as soon as i have been.
Was there a man called Adam there? Was it through him what you've signed up for? X

Ah sorry yes Adam was there and I did sign up to that i think they called them health trainers. I have my first appointment for that next Wednesday.

I've been really motivated today, if I can have a few more days like today I think I'll be on my way to loosing my 5kgs.

Yes that's what I signed up for thinking the same as you. I lost 5lbs in my first week so was really pleased. Well done keep going x

Hi, I'm at north tees and slightly ahead of you so maybe I can help. I had my seminar in April met the dietician may then the consultant in June, I see the surgeon again this Tuesday because he wanted me to address an issue last time, if it hadn't been for that I think I might have had my op by now but he said October time now, so very quick. I'll hopefully find out more Tuesday. Good luck to you both :)

Hello

Would you tell me the pathway like how many appointments you have and who with before surgery please? I'm due to see Sarah on the 30th what happens then? It's my 2nd ap I've had seminar xx

After seminar I saw Sara once a couple of weeks later. Then about 6 weeks after that app I saw mr Gopinath (the surgeon) he said i had been accepted for the surgery and went through my notes etc he wanted me to change my lifestyle more so asked me to go back 6 weeks later ( I had to make it 8 because I was on holiday).

I saw him today again ( this second appointment wouldn't have been needed though if he had been happy I'd done all I could the first time so you may not have this). Today he gave me a date for liver reducing seminar on 11th september and prescription for injection to take before the op. I'm on the list now as he is happy. I wont see him again till op. Nurse told me my op date will prob be October. Went for pre assessment too today but have to go back so not sure what this is, going to Hartlepool for that though cos it's nearer home

Some people do have sleep apnea or psychological assessment but I didn't have to so I don't know what happens with these.

Hope this helps anything else just ask, it's getting a bit scary now like :/

After seminar I saw Sara once a couple of weeks later. Then about 6 weeks after that app I saw mr Gopinath (the surgeon) he said i had been accepted for the surgery and went through my notes etc he wanted me to change my lifestyle more so asked me to go back 6 weeks later ( I had to make it 8 because I was on holiday).

I saw him today again ( this second appointment wouldn't have been needed though if he had been happy I'd done all I could the first time so you may not have this). Today he gave me a date for liver reducing seminar on 11th september and prescription for injection to take before the op. I'm on the list now as he is happy. I wont see him again till op. Nurse told me my op date will prob be October. Went for pre assessment too today but have to go back so not sure what this is, going to Hartlepool for that though cos it's nearer home

Some people do have sleep apnea or psychological assessment but I didn't have to so I don't know what happens with these.

Hope this helps anything else just ask, it's getting a bit scary now like :/

It's been 18 weeks since seminar till now. X

Hi

Wow your so close! I dont believe i have sleep apnea ? how would you know? lol. Ill let you know how it goes next week.
Thanks
Helen xx

They would be able to tell from the questionnaire you filled in at the seminar, the questions about falling asleep watching tv etc if you had a low score you won't have sleep so apnea when Sara goes through your questionnaire with you she will let you know.

Good luck :)

Back