• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How Long.....

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
.....are you in Hospital for, for the Gastric Bypass? I am being admitted on the Wednesday, my Op is on the Thursday, I cant see them letting me out Friday, and I heard they don't do discharges on weekends?? :(

I went in tuesday had the op wednesday came home friday, it would have been thursday but i couldnt get a swallow test till late thursday afternoon, all hospitals are different my hospital uses nurse led discharge so i would have been able to go on a saturday too , just play in by ear you may not want to rush home x

Are you going to L & D?

I think it is usually 4 days but some people are only in for a couple of days. I haven't had surgery yet but hoping for funding in January then will be having it done at L & D some time soon.

Sorry what is L & D??

I went in tuesday had the op wednesday came home friday, it would have been thursday but i couldnt get a swallow test till late thursday afternoon, all hospitals are different my hospital uses nurse led discharge so i would have been able to go on a saturday too , just play in by ear you may not want to rush home x
WOW Really that quick, I thought I would be in around 4 days. :)

Are you going to have 'open' or 'keyhole' surgery? I know the hospital i'm going to have mine at is open and they say 4 days.... hth xx

I was a private patient. Had my op on Friday and was discharged on Sunday.

I had mine at Luton and Dunstable went in on wednesday evening had my op on thursday morning and came home on monday:) I could have gone home on sunday but the doctors didnt get to see me until the evening.

Sharon xx

I had keyhole on 17th October at 4pm and was discharged on the 18th at 3.30pm!! I was a private patient though.

Thanks for the Help guy's.

Back