• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

still sore

d.b safc

had my gastric bypass surgery on friday but had problem lost a lot ov blood so i had to have another op on saturday to stop bleeding all sorted now got out ov hospital yesterday just want to ask yous how long does it take for your stomach to settle down cause im still in pain and stomach is still quite swollen thanks

Last edited:
im pre op but just wanted to wish you well and hopefully things will settle down and you will feel a lot better
im sure someone who is post op will be along soon to answer any questions

Sorry to hear about the lost of blood. I am 2wks post op. The first day I came home I weigh 6lbs more than when I went in. My tummy was very swollen: a few inches bigger. I couldn't even fit in the clothes I had worn, had to leave the zipper open

Now things are much better. Within the first 3 days it went down about 75% back to where it was pre-op. And the weight came off. 2 wks later it is still slightly swollen especially the left side (slight protrusion).

Hope you feel better soon.

Just a few days hun the swelling will start to go down... but remember you need to heal xx your will find everyday you get better and better xx

The pain became bareable for me week. 3. By week 5-6 it was mostly gone xx

I was lucky and didnt have much pain, more like discomfort really. You've had a massive amount of replumbing done, remember that, so it will take a week or so for that to stop being swollen. Take it easy, you have a valid excuse to lie on the sofa watching Jeremy Kyle - use it!! :D

Discomfort is more relevant to you & your pain threshold I had very little only hurt when trying to lay on my side solved by a pillow round my tum disappeared about 10days post op about same time as bloated tum deflated.

I can't help I'm afraid as I'm pre-op but I'm sorry to hear you're suffering - hope you feel better soon.

If you can't get comfortable at night you could try a breast feeding pillow to support your tummy x

i surprisinly havent had any pain in my stomach my pain was in my shoulders from the oxygen that lasted 2 wks n my stomach was swollen i gained 8lb wen having op but went within about 5 days xx

Back