• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How Long?

Jinjanut

Hi all,

I hope you are all well and looking forward to your Easter break. I wanted to ask after a Gastric bypass which tablets do you stop taking after 3 months and which do you continue for life. I would ask The Hospital Group or the team at Chelsfield but I am so fed up with their incompetence at the moment I am too angry to talk to either of them.

Clexane injection were stopped after 28 days (some hospitals its 14)
Fast tabs stopped after 28 days but some surgeons say for 6mths others for life.

Calcichew for life
Forceval vitamins for life

You really need to speak to your provider. If this is proving difficult see if your GP can clarify the situation.

B12 injections every 12 weeks,Iron tablets , calcichew and vits i believe are for life.

Jo
xx

i had teh daily injection for 2 weeks post op and the lansoprozole for a couple of months...tho i kept goetting to take it
Now i just have my multi vit/mineral tablet every day

have just had my first blood test which is one year post op, which i need to have done yearly to make sure i don't need the B12 booster jab and make sure i am not suffering from any other problems or deficiencies

I have to take the lansaprazole (fast tab) for life, I also take multivit, calcium and iron tabs which I've been told are also for life.

Each team are very different so check with your surgeon/provider.

tesmaralda said:
Clexane injection were stopped after 28 days (some hospitals its 14)
Fast tabs stopped after 28 days but some surgeons say for 6mths others for life.

Calcichew for life
Forceval vitamins for life

You really need to speak to your provider. If this is proving difficult see if your GP can clarify the situation.

I only got a weeks worth of clexane injections :-/ do I need more? I'm just over a week out now xx

Hi im not on any meds i have regular bloods taken but my levels are fine so thankfully i dont need to any..... to be totally honest just aswell as i forget to take em xx

Back