• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many appointments?

natashoorrr

Hellooo :)

I was just wondering, how many appointments did you guys have before your actual operation and at what stages?

I have been on the wait list for getting on for 4 months now.

I had a letter from the hosp. to say i'm deficient in Vit D and to start taking 20,000 units for a month which I will have finished this coming Friday.

I haven't had anything from them since.

I luckily didn't have to have the three month observation period, he was happy to put me on the weight list straight away.

I am going to be at Derby but any info would be appreciated :)

I went on the list in September and have been for 1 follow up app with the dietitian in February and have another on the 6th of June but me Ahmeds secretary said she wouldn't think i would make it to that one before having a date for surgery so I would just end up going to the pre op app, so in total I would had been only once since being put on the list but there are some people on here who have also been to derby and had 2 or 3 appointments, if your worried you've been forgotten just give them a call Hun that's what I do I call once a week now I'm so impatient lol but I had a letter the others day saying I'm at the top of the list and wanting some up to date info to help speed things along :) so shouldn't be to long for you either Hun your only a couple if months behind me arnt you? How excieting I just can't wait to start my new life :)

I saw! Thats so exciting for you. It just dawned on me that I will be buying fatty summer clothes for hopefully the last time!!

I am about three months behind you :) I really hope that in three months time I'm in the same position as you! I have to go away on business in the middle of May so I am thinking I'll give them a call when I get back to find out what is going on.

What do they actually do in your pre-op? I must investigate this!

I saw! Thats so exciting for you. It just dawned on me that I will be buying fatty summer clothes for hopefully the last time!!

I am about three months behind you :) I really hope that in three months time I'm in the same position as you! I have to go away on business in the middle of May so I am thinking I'll give them a call when I get back to find out what is going on.

What do they actually do in your pre-op? I must investigate this!

Iv never had a summer where I can wear trendy clothes and there ALWAYS black which gets so hot :( I have no idea what happens at pre op I'm hoping nothing to scary but I think bloods and ecg not sure else though

Um 1st seminar, 2nd surgeon, 3rd dietician, 4th clinical nurse, 5th pre op. over 2 years.

Pre op is blood pressure, mrsa swabs, blood taken, ECG, medical history given and an explanation of the op, pre op diet and recovery. Nothing to worry about at all.

My Derby pre-op was weight check, blood pressure, swabs and bloods. Mine was done at the Nuffield as I was very low risk (they don't have intensive care there) but I would think it's the same x

You guys are so helpful :) Thank you. Kirsty - I might just wear something luminous because I can.

I guess I was expecting an appointment every 12 weeks - Although I don't know where I got this idea from. Maybe because I've had enough GP appointments and stuff leading up to being on the list it feels weird not seeing someone for so long!

Back