• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many calories should we be aiming for post op?

yorkshirelass74

I have been using myfitnesspall to log my food entries for the last few days and yesterday it was 648 and today it was 598 is this ok or should it be more, as the site has said that this is too low to be losing weight and that as its so low my body will think it is being starved.

Today it was
Calories 599
carbs 67
fat 14
protein 48

but as i have said in an earlier thread, i havent been hungry today, i have had milk for brekkie, dinner and tea, but have forced some chicken soup down me so i would have something to eat, and 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese.

Yorkshirelass it's not all about the calories, especially newly post ops like ourselves...

The most important thing for us to aim for is protein intake to stop our bodies burning muscle and not fat! If we burn off our muscles as well as fat we gonna be having problems when we're all skinny and svelte :)

Concentrate on your protein, i try and have at least one glass of milk a day and also a protein shake which is low in carbs n cals and gives me a whopping 23g of protein...

I'm tempted to use your site to see what my protein intake is like and if necessary and i can't get it from food i'll take an extra shake as well as my food...

It is a bit low, yes. In the first few months aim for 800 minimum, top up with milky drinks and add cheese to meals, as these help with your protein intake too.

Julie, there are a few sites, and they are really interesting to see the carb/protein ratio especially as there are a lot of hidden carbs.

Thanks Shel, i didn't particularly want to do this route as it's like being with w/w or s/w again and watching everything that goes in... However if it helps me to start realising my protein intake i'll go for it.... Where's me scales to start weighing my food now grrrr

Yorkshirelass it's not all about the calories, especially newly post ops like ourselves...

The most important thing for us to aim for is protein intake to stop our bodies burning muscle and not fat! If we burn off our muscles as well as fat we gonna be having problems when we're all skinny and svelte :)

Concentrate on your protein, i try and have at least one glass of milk a day and also a protein shake which is low in carbs n cals and gives me a whopping 23g of protein...

I'm tempted to use your site to see what my protein intake is like and if necessary and i can't get it from food i'll take an extra shake as well as my food...

I havent looked at the other site that shell mentioned, the myfitnesspal that i use isnt on the DS its on the net, and it is so easy to use, that i can use it without asking the kids for help lol
Their food database must be massive, i typed in chicken and sweetcorn soup and it offered me the morrisons one that i was using, it was very good, and i recommend it
x

With foodfocus.co.uk you don't need to weigh, as it gives you average portion sizes etc and guidance so I just used those.

Yes shell the fitnesspal one is the same, life is too short to be weighing everything out!

Yes but i don't eat average portion sizes, my hubby had a 4 oz steak last week and i had a sliver of that....

But i'm still going to try it and see where i am!

Thanks ladies xx

Aye, but you can use an average portion size to work out roughly what you've had, and adjust the weight appropriately. Or you can weigh if you prefer :D

Good idea... to sneak some milk in and for an occasional treat i sometimes have a bit of nas angel delight... Feels really naughty but then at least i've got a bit more milk in :)

where do you get your protein shakes from Julie?

Back