• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many people have had gastric wraps?

clare12345

Hi,

Can you respond on here to let me know if you have had a wrap and who with please?

I just want to get an idea of numbers as I had never heard of it before this site.

Thank you

Its also just been started in the US, India and it started in the Middle East!!

They've been doing plication surgery in the USA and Mexico for a number of years. I went with Prof Ammori in Manchester and there's a surgeon in London but I can't remember his name.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

They've been doing plication surgery in the USA and Mexico for a number of years. I went with Prof Ammori in Manchester and there's a surgeon in London but I can't remember his name.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Yes, Sharonimo posted it, but i cant remember, and the price was even more! Plus he wasnt advertising the surgery at the time, i think he was getting used to the procedure.

Edit; Here we are;
http://www.obesitycliniclondon.co.uk/laparoscopic-gastric-plication.html

Question for people who have had s abroad. how has your GP responded to knowing u had wls abroad. I am a bit worried about this. I don't know why I am bothered but I am especially as I think I will have to go to nurse to get stitches taken out.

I told my gp from the outset. she has followed up on treatments, done blood tests and prescribed tablets for me

Yes from the beginning and she liased with czech doctor regarding tests they suggested after my first visit when they found the ulcers

I just read up on the american surgeon dr elias ortiz who has a clinic in mexico regarding the wrap or gastric plication He says it has taken over almost half of all bariatric operations undertaken at his clinic. it is as restrictive as the sleeve and preferable to the band he says.

Elup, who will be carring out the wrap surgery on you?

Alos, I have not thought about my doctor as I have not been there for a while. Should I just make a visit and tell them or not?

With Dr H, does he have to have some contact with my doctor as I think I am going for the 10th March now?

I had Plication (wrap) with Prof Ammori at Manchester in June last year...extremely happy with the results.... :)

XXX

Back