• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much does a gastric bypass cost private

debbie62

Hello it's not for me just trying to get prices idea's for a mate I'm post opp had my bypass 3 weeks ago nhs
But she wants to go private doesn't want and will not go abroad so does anyone know prices and ranges in UK for bypass

Prices vary at different private clinics .When i was looking it cost between £9,950 cheapest to £ 14.0000.This also depends on your pre and post care and whether they will throw in protein and vitamin supplements for afterwards, not forgetting after and pre op appointments and consultation observations like blood analyzing,
endoscopy scans , pain relief etc etc prior before op etc all add to the prices and then if you require a doctors note they will charge for that also. Hope that helps I cant afford it I will just have to wait for nhs .

it can go upto as much as £18.000 depending on care provider etc etc

Omg 18000 ?
Thought 10,000 was bad she looking at a band now she really wants a bypass but a bot out of her range sadly

yeah my friend was quoted £18.150 she went to france in the end and paid lot less but this was maybe 3 years ago so might have changed just shop around and barter with them is what i would do

How about a sleeve. Statistics on weight loss are very close to bypass, and no/little nutrient deficiency. It costs less as well. I paid £7500 for a sleeve. It's more than a band, but less than a bypass. I wouldn't have a band. Seems to be a lot of longer term issues coming out (with slippage). But that is just my personal opinion.

18k sounds very high to me. I paid 11k, BMI under 50, that included a years aftercare. I've been prescribed my supplements via my gp. Tbh I thought 11k was expensive, but my sister who works in the nhs really didn't want me going abroad for the op. I was advised (after the event) to haggle with the provider, don't know if I would have had the courage to do it though! Might be worth a try?

WOW 18K does sound a lot.
Mine was just over £10k with Physical, Dietary and Psychological assessments before and after.
2 years of unlimited aftercare which I have to say has been second to none. Even on weekends my surgeon has responded to concerns. Bless him!

I haggled and got mine for £9k and my bmi was over 50

Wish I had ...:cry: could have spent the 2k on shoes :D

TBH I didn't haggle so much as I went for the appointment then didn't contact them, they rung me and I said I was going to try a few more companies and I'd be intouch soon, a week went by and they rung me again, I said I was thinking of going abroad as it was so much cheaper (I wasn't) I got phone back offering me an appointment in less than 2 weeks time as a cancellation, I also got to pay by credit card (as I wanted the points) as I said I was too busy working to go to my bank to transfer the cash over :D

I've gone with The Hospital Group in Bromsgrove. My BMI is 62 and they quoted me £9,00, but in the end I got it for £8,100.

Hope this helps.

Back